• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Clear Anti-Freeze for water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OldOne

Building a new system and it will be left in below 0 deg f temps in a fifth wheel camper/construction office for a week at a time this winter.
I live in southren IN and rebuilding a 1867 two story house in NY State so I will have a lot of time after work to see how far I can push the 6700K.

Intel Core i7-6700K
ASUS Z170-A
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Crucial MX200 2.5" 500GB SATA 6Gbps (SATA III)
Dell UltraSharp U2515H 25
EVGA 220-G2-0850-XR 80 PLUS GOLD 850 W
Corsair Obsidian 750D

Are you using a custom H2O loop or AIO? What are you using for storage, mechanical hard drives do not like being frozen. I use regular automotive antifreeze with distilled water when I have my H2O loop cold usually a 50/50% mix. I do regularly clean that loop because the antifreeze will tend to gel up in the block over time. Where in NY?

Are you using a custom H2O loop or AIO? What are you using for storage, mechanical hard drives do not like being frozen.
SSD only

I use regular automotive antifreeze with distilled water when I have my H2O loop cold usually a 50/50% mix. I do regularly clean that loop because the antifreeze will tend to gel up in the block over time

I am thinking one of the EK-WB kits because it is the first water build for me.

Where in NY?
Just a bit south west of Buffalo We had snow here this morning

SSD only

I am thinking one of the EK-WB kits because it is the first water build for me.
The Ek kits aren't bad, or if you have patience one can usually find H2O loops in the classifieds here or Ebay.

for clear "ish" antifreeze get zerex G05, it's ford HOAT, but don't worry, you don't have a heatercore issue like ford does.........

Got to love the lake effect
Depends on your point of view. The company I work for is an industry leader in snow and ice management for the tri-state area. It's white gold for me.
That doesn't mean I like it though.....it's just good money.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on your point of view. The company I work for is an industry leader in snow and ice management for the tri-state area. It's white gold for me.
That doesn't mean I like it though.....it's just good money.

That's why I didn't move back here after I did 6 years in the Navy.

The Ek kits aren't bad, or if you have patience one can usually find H2O loops in the classifieds here or Ebay.

I will be up here for three weeks so I have time to take a look and see what I find.

- - - Updated - - -

for clear "ish" antifreeze get zerex G05, it's ford HOAT, but don't worry, you don't have a heatercore issue like ford does.........

I like the clear

If you want something for pushing overclocks and it doesn't have to look pretty you can always do something like my benching H2O loop. Tidy cat bucket for the reservoir, Danner Mag Drive Pump Model 7, water block and a 360 rad with 6 yate loon high speeds fans. I can usually get the water within 2c of the ambient air with it and have seen as low as -20c water temps.
IMG_3880a.jpg

If you want something for pushing overclocks and it doesn't have to look pretty you can always do something like my benching H2O loop. Tidy cat bucket for the reservoir, Danner Mag Drive Pump Model 7, water block and a 360 rad with 6 yate loon high speeds fans. I can usually get the water within 2c of the ambient air with it and have seen as low as -20c water temps.
View attachment 170029

Oh I was thinking something a bit more aesthetically pleasing:thup: but gives me an idea for a case mod though.

- - - Updated - - -

If you are looking for clear coolant you could try evans waterless coolant. Some of there products are clear.

http://www.evanscooling.com/

Thanks for the link

it's freaking grey!!!!! dye that thing neon pink with an electric blue top, then you'll be talkin..........

Back