• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

comcast voice and ip phones

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jediobi1

hey everyone, a couple of years ago we got comast internet and digital voice, now at the time i did not know that it was not full digital and started researching about ip phones and thats when i found out it was not digital,

however i still wanted to see if it was possible to use ip phones with regular comcast digital voice, well i ended up finding a thread where someone managed to do just that, but i cannot for the life of me find it again, so i am hoping maybe with what little information i can remember someone here might be able to point me in the right direction.

ok so heres what little i can remember, they took an old laptop they had laying around and installed a open source pbx(?) server and connected it to the phone line coming from the comcast modem and then connected an eithernet cable to the router, they then configured it a certain way and connected a cisco ip phone to their router and was able to receive and make outgoing calls using the ip phone.

hopefully someone here knows wether or not this is possible or maybe i read it wrong

Back