• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Comp freezes every few secs wtf?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kai_Force

Ok so my friends computer....it like....your moving the mouse, and all of a sudden it freezes, and a second later, the mouse is on the other side of the screen, u know wut im saying....

It just kinda constantly freezes...while playing a music file...its all glitchy, becuz of course....it keeps freezing.

I dont have alot of information...this is all i know, i havent gotten a chance to go look at it yet...i could probably fix it....

You guys got any guesses?

defrag HD
close any background services
scan for viruses and spyware

sounds like something is accessing the HD alot causing it to stutter.

Sounds like a plan! Could an extremely defragged drive cause this by itself? or impossible?

it "could" but not likely if it is very consistent , maybe do a check disk, hard drive could also be going bad...

open task manager and see if CPU usage spikes or something when ever it happens

I'll take a wild swing and say it might be a heat issue. What's the pc temps looking like?

Last edited:
I'll take a wild swing and say it might be a heat issue. What's the pc temps looking like?

that would also be my guess as well. Heat can cause these random issues particularly if its an intel chip which throttles itself

running checkdisk isnt a bad idea either. It could also be the ram, its less likely but if you have already cheated the hdd and the heat its another common source of problems

Back