• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compatable? Intel DZ87KTL-75K MB + Intel i7-4790k Devil's Canyon?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnflavia

I picked up this processor for my DZ87KTL-75k MB based on LGA1150 socket and didn't check that it wasn't listed among the supported processors for the MB (it must have come out after the MB was discontinued by Intel?).

Not really having any issues except I can't 'restart' my PC? Any suggestions? I can 'shut down', but if I 'restart', it just hangs when it closes down and doesn't come back up. Any suggestions? I've run complete virus scan (Windows Defender)...clean and SFC /scannow about 8 times but still have some issues it can't get rid of.

Regards,
-John

BIOS updated on that board?

Did you switch hardware but keep a previous windows install? Tried a repair on windows?

Yes, updated to the latest bio for the board (but the CPU was a later build after the board was discontinued and not listed among the 'supported processors' even though it's an LGA1150 socket).

Repair on windows....I'll try that next.

BIOS updated on that board?

Did you switch hardware but keep a previous windows install? Tried a repair on windows?

Agreed.. but it is a different microcode so... I wouldn't bet the farm (just most of it, lol).

I'm wondering if that 'bit' that restarts things is just different. There are a few differences outside of clockspeed between the chips.

Back