• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compatibility Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadows987

I plan on building new gaming/ mathematical modeling pc in the near future. I want to base it around the GTX 780/790 (when they are released). But I have some problems with compatibility. You see I have already picked out the ram and the video card.

This is my ram: Kingston Technology XMP Beast Series 16GB 2400MHz DDR3 CL11 DIMM Desktop Memory Module

Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-Te...1ZR8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1359969001&sr=8-3

As you can see it runs at 2400mhz and requires 1.65v. Now I'm not sure what motherboard and cpu is compatible with this. I'm looking for a motherboard that can support sli and an i7 CPU that runs at above 3GHz. I'm looking for reliable hardware, but I do want to save money where I can.

So, any suggestions?

Thank You in advance.

What is your budget?

From around 1500-2000 British pounds. This PC has to last a while. It has to run intensive models. I know that the GTX series are not really suitable for models, but the video cards that are cost 4000 a piece!

Square peg in a round hole. The 3930K is socket 2011, while that board you selected on the Z77 chipset, is socket 1155.

Square peg in a round hole. The 3930K is socket 2011, while that board you selected on the Z77 chipset, is socket 1155.

Right. So what would be the cheapest i7 processor that would run with 1.65 volt ram that is clocked at 2400mhz?

Back