• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compatibility of Apple G5 pump, appears to be laing DDC, but tall?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Iormungand

I acquired a pump from an old Apple G5, along with the radiator (Which I made a different thread about). And it's been rewired for power via molex, apparently they have some proprietary connector (surprise surprise apple) by default.

But the question, it appears to be a standard DDC pump, except it appears taller than any DDC pumps I have seen. I want to get a new pump top for it such as:

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/bibpddcmiwat.html

The top on it appears to be the exact pump top on normal ddc pumps, so it would seem that any DDC pump top would work, I just want to check with some more experienced people before I go ahead and buy the pump top.

Here is a picture

EDIT: The brand is Delphi. No marking other than DELPHI and the labeling for the type of plastic PPS-GF40
Pumpy pump.jpg

Last edited:
Any stickers on the pump?

Edit: Check this thread, if you can get to the PCB it'll have the pump info :)

So I popped it on open, and it is in fact the exact pump in the link you posted

Laing
DDCv5.4
A-00-075-058

So at this point Im assuming a generic DDC pump top should work with no issues... Unless anyone has a reason why it wouldnt

Well that's just peachy. Thanks for the help ATM.

Also, what would be the difference between this seemingly taller pump and what appears to be "regular" ddc pumps? If you or anyone else would happen to know.

Most likely just something with how Apple wanted to mount it, but I'm not sure.

I used a G5 setup on an old PC I had, some Athlon X2. Used the G5 radaitor & pump, almost used the block(s).

Awesome cooling setup! Probably cause it normally dealt with two hot G5s, and I was using it in a very short loop on one CPU. The stock rad is perfect size for a mATX mid tower, if you do a little cutting. Aluminium though... I just used 50/50 antifreeze.

Back