• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Completely Silent Water Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ah, i didnt see that. a converter like that shouldnt be to expensive.

ive been thinking about getting one of those, and trying to stick it into an old cd rom drive or something, and connecting the psu to the 12v on my current one. 2 computers in one case! it would make a great file server or game server, and be really neat!

/thread jack (sorry)

Take a look at this thread: http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=249353&highlight=fanless

They're getting some pretty good results with what they have. All they did was unplug their fans.

I agree about the Fortron ps. It is very quiet. Not sure about performance though.

You could always leave all the panels open and use a room fan?? Since this computer is not going to be used for anything really heavy, a geforce 3 or 4 should suffice. Ti 4200 fans are silent, even the 8x ones.

Use aluminum to build the case framework under the table. The aluminum can be used to wick the heat out of the hard drives if the drives have good surface contact with the rails (kinda like the way lian-li cases work).

As for the processor, the white water block seems to be the best with very low flow. Get a eheim 1046, the whitewater block and a rad with a lot of surface area and low air restriction or whatever those other guys are using on the other thread above. Again, since this computer won't be used to find the meaning of life, it probably won't be making a lot of heat and the passive radiator should work well.

Back