• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compression fittings interchangeable? (Flexi vs rigid)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TuKr

I was wondering if I could use the compression fittings that I purchased for my flexible tubing with rigid tubing the same id, od size? I haven't seen really anything about interchangeability between tubing types.

no, from what i know, they need special rigid tubing compression fittings.
and seems that there is enough variance from one brand to the next that you should buy the same brand of fittings as the brand of tubing.

I was wondering if I could use the compression fittings that I purchased for my flexible tubing with rigid tubing the same id, od size? I haven't seen really anything about interchangeability between tubing types.
No, flex tubing compression fittings won't work with hard tubing. You might be able to get a conversion kit, though. Here's one for Monsoon fittings.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/monsoon-hardline-lock-collar-conversion-kit-1-2-od-13mm.html

But as the others said, be careful using fittings from one brand with tubing from another. I think most of the problems have been 12 mm != 1/2 inch, and Monsoon's glue on collars are pretty dodgy even with their own tubing. But I doubt the manufacturers do thorough testing with their competitor's tubing, so it's probably not worth the risk to mix.

Back