• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer assembly rotisserie stand

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
I'm looking for a computer assembly rotisserie stand like the kind used for car engines, anyone seen anything like that?

Something like this:
enginestand.jpg

But for holding the PC case to make it easy to work on.

Last edited:
I'm not sure this idea makes any sense to me and I've built more PC's than I can count over the last 18 years. A height adjustable bench and excellent lighting would be all I ever wished for.

I could see the use for a table top version for sure. Something that would allow the case to lay down, turn and twist with the ability to lock in position. It would definitely save my back some when getting the air out of a water cooled setup. Never seen anything like that though.

Open air test bench, but nothing on a rolling chassis like that. Maybe stack an open air test bench on a mobile shelving unit...but you wouldn't get ability to rotate it etc. like on a lazy Susan.

.... setup the open air test bench on a lazy susan on a mobile cart?

Yeah, haven't seen anything like that either.

I've thought about doing something like, attach a lazy susan to an adjustable easel. After jacking up my back (and spending a month recovering) during my last multiple build spree. I've decided I too need something to help avoid hurting myself.

The idea being, the lazy susan will have a piece of plywood cut to size, with rubber padding or soft cloth on it. Then four adjustable corner stops to hold the case securely while being turned. The LS will then be attached to a small easel that will allow the case to be stood up and turned. That's as far as I've gotten.

Lazy Susan hardware

Easel

My thoughts go along the line of a articulating monitor stand but heavier gauge and possibly multiple arms to support it. I'm not sure how much my full build weights but I would think 50lbs is a safe bet once all the radiators, water and hardware is in there so it will need to be beefy to support it. It would also need clamps or a pinch of some sort to hold the pc in place as it spins and lifts.

I made a "Lazy Susan" years ago when I first started reviewing. If you look at any of my case reviews you will see it under the chassis in most of the pictures. It makes going for right side og the case to the left side super easy and works quite well. Parts list below.

Paint or stain to suit and you're done.

Back