• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer failing to return from sleep mode in Windows 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackfury

I've been having this problem for about a year. It doesn't do this real often, maybe one out of twenty times. I put the computer to sleep and when I go to turn the computer back on a few hours later it won't do anything, the hdd light on the case will blink but it remains unresponsive. After this I have to hold the power button to force the computer to shut off. If I try rebooting within a couple minutes it will do the same thing being unresponsive, not posting. So I have to wait about 30 minutes to boot the computer again. On the reboot it tries to resume the computer again, which won't work so I have to hold the power button out the point of resuming windows.

This is really annoying when it happens and I'd like to fix it.

Computer specs are:
Gigabyte x58 ud3r
Intel i7 950 (stock clocks)
Kingston HyperX 1600 ram 6x2gb
Sapphire 6950 2gb
2x Hitachi 7200rpm 1tb in raid0
LG 10x bluray writer
Windows 7 ultimate

I think that covers everything, any help would be appreciated.

I have the same issue with my celeron ang h67 chipset when trying to resume from sleep it becomes unresponsive so i will have to force restart it, and say that windows did not shutdown properly, and it would prepare to start windows in safemode. the first aid that i did is to turn off hibernation in sleepmode i dont know what would be the consequences but it did eliminate the problem.

Back