• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer Not Turning on HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BoredomKillsinc

Help! I took out the optical drive (cd drive) of my old computer now it won't turn boot up! And before you refer me to this http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266936
I already did the check list. When I press the power button I can hear the HDD start up but the light of the power button goes yellow like it's in sleep, no display, no start up beep from the motherboard. Nothing! I've connected just the essentials one stick of ram and the like but still nothing. I'm at a lost here please help guys!

Go back and make sure you didn't knock something loose. Just check your connections. Make sure everything is seated properly.

i've double and triple checked all the connections and even tried different cables but still nothing but thanks for the suggestions. anything else i can do??

Is the power button releasing ? Try turning it on by jumping the two prongs that the power button connects to and see if the button is staying open, other than that if you have done the checklist and reset you're CMOS then I don't know what could cause it to sleep other than a short or a faulty component. Did you try it with the DVD drive back in ?

Have you unplugged everything, including the HDD and tried to get into the bios only ?

i've tried but still nothing.

it somehow decided to work and I let it do it's updates (running windows 8)
it booted up windows fine and I logged in and everything. The problem was that I had the hdd and the optical drive outside the case and on the floor at the time, so I shut down and unplugged the optical drive to reinstal it in the case and when I turned it on again, same problem.

So basically back to square one </3

Back