• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer speakers for the true audophile?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
bigemike said:
I have jbl studio monitors and I also have logitech z-680's. The jbl's are great for music and mixing, but the logitech's have a great overall sound, THX certification and lots of power. I have them run out of the fibre optic outputs from my soundstorm audio and I am really happy with it. Also the only drawback to the logitechs are the hissing that they make at tlow volume.

I also have the Z680's. Mine don't hiss @ all, however i still dont think they sound that great @ all. Maybe I'm just use to what my car stereo sounded like. The subwoofer on the Z680's is so boomy and sloppy for most parts. For games/movies its ok, except with the sub volume as low as it can go, its still to loud for an apartment. For music, they sub sounds horrible @ high volumes. I really wish i didn't buy these speakers.

How much do you want to spend? If you have a decent amount of money. Look into Linn speakers if you can find them. I've yet to speakers under $5000 that sounded better than them.

Back