• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Condensor Mikrofon Soundkarte

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PaXe

Registered
First of all.. Sorry for the Title being in the wrong language, but i cant figure out how to chnage it if it's even possible.

Sooo..

I just got a new Condensor Microphone (+phantom power supply) and afterwards I heard/read that it would be best to get and USB-Soundcard to get the best quality out of it.

My Questions:

Does it really matter that much?
I currently have it plugged into my Asus Strix Soar, shouldn't that be even better? cuz I only heard of USB-Cards.
-In case a USB-Card really is better.. Anything you could recommend?

In my Opionion the Mic is pretty good as it currently is.

Hope you guys can help me out here :)

Edit:
https://www.amazon.com/InnoGear-MU00...crophone&psc=1
That's the microphone.

https://www.amazon.com/InnoGear-Cond...=innogear+1229
And that's the phantom power supply.

https://www.asus.com/de/Sound-Cards/STRIX-SOAR/
And that's my Soundcard.

Last edited:
Although I'd always push for people to have the best possible solution for their needs, if what you have works then don't fix what isn't broken. I don't have any experience with that brand mic/preamp, but the solution looks solid on paper. All a USB Audio Interface would do in this situation is give you more gain control, right now the phantom power just pegs the input at whatever it decides (compared to something mated and pretested to work together). You'd also not need a dedicated phantom power source since most interfaces some with that.

IMHO that mic's price is bargain basement low, especially considering it's a kit with a shock mount. I have serious doubts to its quality, but again if it's adequate for your needs run with it. For music production, I would scoff at such a purchase.

Although I'd always push for people to have the best possible solution for their needs, if what you have works then don't fix what isn't broken. I don't have any experience with that brand mic/preamp, but the solution looks solid on paper. All a USB Audio Interface would do in this situation is give you more gain control, right now the phantom power just pegs the input at whatever it decides (compared to something mated and pretested to work together). You'd also not need a dedicated phantom power source since most interfaces some with that.

IMHO that mic's price is bargain basement low, especially considering it's a kit with a shock mount. I have serious doubts to its quality, but again if it's adequate for your needs run with it. For music production, I would scoff at such a purchase.

Well since im not interested in music production and just want to get started a bit with youtube it's easily enough..
A normal high quality headset mic would normaly be enough for what i need.. However I seem to have a talent for ruining headset mics, sooo... that's why I went with this.

And since I already have it I thought I'd try to get the best possible quality out of it :)

And since I already have it I thought I'd try to get the best possible quality out of it :)

I'm guessing you probably already are. If you don't hear a lot of background noise ("hiss" as it's sometimes referred to), and you can avoid clipping/distorting when speaking into it, then you're likely doing well enough with the solution.

Back