• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cool stuff available from japan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheng

My dad is going, and I'm wondering whats cool to get from there?
Can be other stuff apart from computers, like gadgets :)

#1 No hentai ! :p
#2 No aibos, 2 damn expensive and not worth it :(

tell him to bring me a nsx type r and i will be happy :)

but seriously there is so much that japan has to offer i bet you could get some electronics for very cheap

yeah, electronics, such as?

You have to remember that AFTER you come back and you try it out and it doesn't work, you're buggered....

which means....you can't just spend £200 for a new radeon....and then find out that half of it is missing...etc. etc.

Darn! You allready mentioned no Aibo!! :D

Uh, I would get some..... Hey! I don't know what I'd get!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

[thinks really hard]

Any manga you like?? It would be cool to have it in the Japanese....

[/thinks hard]

Whew! :D
JigPu

get something:
that doesn't need drivers
has the ability to run off of batteries or american power
you can actually use (i.e. even the buttons are in english)

also, remember the tax to bring the stuff into the country.

Sake is great.. all the drunkeness but none of the hangover :)

I would suggest.. MiniDisk, digicam and any cell phone you can find that will run off an avaliable technology such as G3 or GSM phones.

Or you could always go to the vending machiens and buy school girls panties

heheh, I got a nice digital camera (Canon Powershot G2) from there last time...good idea, I might get a nice mp3 cd player...
Cell phone...will that work in good ol' uk?

And vending machines + panties = WTF?!

I wil be going to hong kong in a few months and I was wondoring if it would be the same in hong kong as in Japen.... Cheap elecronics and stuff? Also would you be able to get a plam pilot in hong kong for cheap?

Last edited:
Now I know what you can buy!!! One of those electric toilets that wipes and rinses!! :D

Or, you could go for some CDs if you're interested in any Japanese music (me like Ayumi Hamasaki.... not Hamasake ^_^, or Glay even my sis is obsessed with them LOL!

Garunteed to work in your american CD player!! They are after all CDs.... ;)
JigPu

JigPu

JigPu said:
Now I know what you can buy!!! One of those electric toilets that wipes and rinses!! :D

For some reason, I'd be a little nervous about mixing water and electrical devices around that particular region of my body... (anyone who has discover an electrical fence while relieving themself, please raise your hand now. ):eek:

Ahh 2002, mini disks and palm pilots. Come to think of it, cell phones and cameras too. All four of those are now one device lol.

Back