• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cooler for Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 6000+ Processor (3.0-GHz, 2x1MB L2 cache, 2000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joe2378

I have a Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 6000+ Processor (3.0-GHz, 2x1MB L2 cache, 2000 MHz FSB) which came with a latch type of heatsink/cooler. I was the dumby that didn't read the fine print on ebay. So the issue is that my comp is the regular joe schmoe HP DC5750 SFF and bought that CPU mentioned for a quick cost effective upgrade. :) That being said, knowing what type of computer I have and the CPU, anyone know what brand heatsink will fit in my comp besides the stock heatsink/cooler or what the part number is to the CPU mentioned. Please help! :)

Your only hope would be to go with water cooling which would require you to make some minor mods on the case to allow the radiator to bolt to the outside and holes for the hoses to pass through. Something like the Corsair H80.

Back