• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooler Master CM 690 II fan setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Appelsapje

Registered
Hello all,

I just received my CM 690 II (basic), now I was wondering a few things about the airflow in general..

I made a drawing (with my paint skills :attn:) to explain it:

aAGOx.jpg

You can see the two stock fans on that drawing, and then the fans I was planning on adding.

The standard fans are both 120mm. I was thinking of adding a 140(or 120) at the top as an exhaust and a 120mm on the side (GPU height) as an intake.

I'm not sure how I'll position my PSU (fan facing up or down..).

Any suggestions? :)

Not planning on doing very high OC'ing, just some OC'ing that it still runs quite cool. Using a Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B.

Looks like you have the airflow set up well. I would have the PSU fan to pull cool air from underneath the case. Unless the case will be on thick carpet or something that will block the vent.

Looks like you have the airflow set up well. I would have the PSU fan to pull cool air from underneath the case. Unless the case will be on thick carpet or something that will block the vent.

Thanks.

Yeah, I'll be making sure the PSU pulls from the ground and not the case.
Also I just installed one top fan (120mm - 140 wasn't in stock and much more expensive, so yeah..)

I'll see how the temps are and then decide if I need to add a side fan or not. Some people said it disturbs airflow though, so not sure yet...

If you have more exhaust fans than intake fans, then air will come in the side panel vent without a fan. This is because the exhaust fans are trying to exhaust more air than is in the case, so it will pull air from other openings.

Back