• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooler Master CM690 Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm just putting together an Antec Nine Hundred for my gf's new build, and I don't have holes on the bottom for the PSU like that, so I had to mount the PSU upside-down... now the PSU's 120mm fan will be sucking things downward, which I'm not happy about at all b/c it's gonna go against the 200mm fan that comes stock mounted to the top of the case. :(

I like how the CM690 has holes on the bottom like that... you threw me off showing that grill... I thought it was the same pic, but it's one's back-bottom and other is front-bottom - OOPS! :)

Now you've got me thinking about dremeling holes in the Antec 900, but I really don't want to make this a huge project!!

Ah, ok.

Those are very sturdy too, you would have to be trying to break them to actually break them ;)

The HDD cage is surprisingly flexible.

Also, :welcome: to the forums!!! :D:D

thanks!! :beer::beer:

i ordered one last friday, and the case is sold out, with christmas and such, i don't know when i'll have the case... bugger... 'cause i'm completely in love with it.
i'm on a short budget, and since i can't get this one, NZXT Zero, i'll settle for a second best! haha

regarding the plastics, i've been hearing, specially with the drive bay tool free, that it tends to break easily, that's why i'm asking. at least until i get mine haha

Mine is awaiting my return from Iraq, it is sitting in my friends house. Poor baby doesn't know what I have in plans for her....heeh heeh heeh
14_6_12.gif

Mine is awaiting my return from Iraq, it is sitting in my friends house. Poor baby doesn't know what I have in plans for her....heeh heeh heeh
14_6_12.gif

omg you got that gif from a hip hop site named ___... too funny...

when do you come back from Iraq? Kick *** pal!!

Not sure what your asking here...:confused:
LOL!, sorry, I tried to say to place the PA 160.1 horizontal, lying in the floor of the case just in front of the PSU and taking the place of the 3 1/2'' rack (or just some of the lower 3 1/2'' if you cut the rack).
If (as someone measured) that area is Enough''x8''x8'' (LxWxH), then a PA160.1 (8.4''x6.5''x2'') should fit there, cutting the floor of the case (airflow through rad) and some of the lower 3 1/2'' bays from the rack...C'm, It is a less than 50$ so a dremmel work is not an issue here :santa:

Cheers!

Attachments

• pa160-cm690.jpg
    pa160-cm690.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 686
My CM690 turned up today and it looks like the feet are removable you just have to remove the non slip tab on the front to feet and the screws on the back are easily accessible anyway.

My CM690 turned up today and it looks like the feet are removable you just have to remove the non slip tab on the front to feet and the screws on the back are easily accessible anyway.

Glad to hear, I was planning on installing wheels on the case anyway.

omg you got that gif from a hip hop site named ___... too funny...

when do you come back from Iraq? Kick *** pal!!

Yeah that forum is a secret, shhhh!
Anywho I come back from Iraq in a lil over a week but it will be a while before I begin the project. Asking for tools for Christmas plus I need to move into an apartment.

Yes, the back ones are removable, but if you look, the front of the case wraps around to the bottom ;)

Also is it worth changing out the fans that come with the case to Yate Loons or wont I gain much. I can't seem to find any info on the CFM and dB rating of the Coolermaster fans.

I bought this case for my wifes new computer just over a week ago.

It is definately one of the nicest cases I've had the pleasure to work with. It made me so jealous, I bought myself a new case :p

Also is it worth changing out the fans that come with the case to Yate Loons or wont I gain much. I can't seem to find any info on the CFM and dB rating of the Coolermaster fans.

They are louder than Yates. I plan to replace them soon, also a lot of people have mentioned removing the grills will reduce noise a lot. I really don't know why they don't do this to begin with. There are grills on the top and front, which are then covered by a mesh so the grills only use is to restrict airflow and make noise.

woot! got mine yesterday, and assembled the pc today. i love this case!

in general, the temps dropped around 5/6 degrees in every component.
now i just need to purchase silent fans, the coolermaster fans that came with the case are rather noisy. maybe i'll buy xl2, i have 2 of those, and they're pretty silent and have a good cfm

and the case is huge! frigging huge! for a mid tower that is

Well got my CM-690 and Boy What a Fantastic Case its So Friggin Huge compaired to my older P4 Mid/Tower that I could fit into the CM-690, lol

Very Impressed with the Layout and ease of Cable management too, even enough space to run cables behind M/B tray and with the 3 extra 120mm Thermaltake Silent Smart Fans /Blue LED's it is 5-10deg C cooler than my older PC

Back