• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo - AM4 use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So I could use the X thing then another backplate? Would this work with the one that will be with my new motherboard?? ASrock B450 Steel Legend.

The X piece should work, yes, but I don't believe the stock backplate will. The CM uses through bolts that the X bracket fastens to.

Bandit, rather than asking all these theoretical questions about whether or not it will work, why don't you just try it and see. The AM4 motherboard has four screw holes and a back plate. Is the "X" pressure clamp that comes with the cooler hardware adjustable? It has a rivet in the center. Can you open and close it? If it is adjustable then the only other question is whether you will have the correct screws and spacers to complete the mount and create correct pressure. Just make sure you have sufficient thermal paste on hand to put the stock cooler back on if necessary.

I wonder at times how people got by before forums and the internet...lol.

I second trying it, bandit. :)

Back