• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n7plus1

for the price of this cooler, it is awesome. Yeah yeah yeah yeah....they have small closed loop CPU watercoolers from corsair, etc. that arent all THAT much for WC, but i wanted to stick with a fan cooler. Before my temps were idle at 47'C/48'C...now idle im at 32'C/33'C. These after numbers are OC'd too @ 4.2Ghz and a slight voltage bump. Expect even lower temps on stock timings/voltage. This cooler made a HUGE difference and im very happy with it.

did lose a memory slot...ill have to order 2x4GB sticks now, and get rid of my 2x2's.

20120507_195125.jpg

This cooler BARELY cleared my case. you can litereally fit a few sheets of paper between the case side and copper with the side on.

20120507_194722.jpg

Hey N7, welcome to the forums. You don't have to lose a memory slot, you can either raise the fan up slightly or put it in pull configuration. Bang for the buck that is a pretty good cooler.

Thanks for the welcome. Not new to pc builds or anything, i just never joined pc oriented forums.

that is true, i could do that. has then been testing with push vs pull configs?

Right now i have 2 120mm fans in the top of the case, the forward one is blowing into the case, right behind the cpu fan, basically feeding it. the rear 120 is pulling out of the case, along with the main rear 120..if that makes sense?

I understand what you're saying. I do remember reading somewhere on this forum that, the configuration you have with the top fans isn't efficient. Essentially you are just swapping air from one to another. I'm no expert on this and maybe someone with more knowledge of the subject will have a better answer for you. Maybe you can swap them around and do a little testing yourself and see how the temps are effected.

Also as far the cooler I had a 212 + in my rig and when I put it in push pull I noticed a 2 deg drop. It also depends on the fan you add. I had a 54 cfm fan that I added I may have had a little more drop in temp if I added a higher cfm fan IDK?

good info, i see what youre saying with the top fans...it really depends on the air movement in the room or the lack-there-of.

I got the Evo to OC my PII X4 980. I didn't lose any memory at all. My memory was short enough. At 4.1 Ghz, my idle temps are 33-34C and Prime95 temps are 53-54C. I have an Antec server case and it just fits in my case. A good cooler for the money.

Back