• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooler Master Hyper N620 Vibration

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gin

Hello, recently my CPU fan which is a Hyper N620 from Cooler Master started vibrating more than usual. If I put my hand over the case I can clearly feel a major vibration. There noise level is good, as it has always been, quite; silent. I'm wondering if I should worry about it damaging my system, And if there is anything I could try. I bought it a few years ago. It has always cooled My cpu like a beast and stills. But the vibration bothers me a lot. I'll appreciate any help you guys can give me!
Thank you in advance!.

Well Gin there's only a couple things you can do. Make sure that the cooler is mounted solid and hasn't come loose from the CPU and check the fan mounting to the cooler itself.

The fan must be bad, out of balance or something as when an automobile tire throws a rim weight. Check to make sure one of the blades is not broken off or chipped. Try another fan.

Thank you all for fast reply.
I spent a lot of time cheking the cooler just to realise that 3 blades from my VGA where broken, and so generating tons of vibrating. I put them back with a super glue and now it's working like a charm. No vibration at all!
If you are wondering how did these blades got damaged, well my Computer was case open for dust cleaning purpose, and my brother was kind of drunk and he accidentally hit it with hes tiptoe. He got smashed of course, I beat the **** **** out of him for that. You know, never let it open when drunk brothers are around.

Thank you all for fast reply.
I spent a lot of time cheking the cooler just to realise that 3 blades from my VGA where broken, and so generating tons of vibrating. I put them back with a super glue and now it's working like a charm. No vibration at all!
If you are wondering how did these blades got damaged, well my Computer was case open for dust cleaning purpose, and my brother was kind of drunk and he accidentally hit it with hes tiptoe. He got smashed of course, I beat the **** **** out of him for that. You know, never let it open when drunk brothers are around.

Ouch. And the cooler for the cyclone system is an unusual design. You probably can find a replacement fan on fleabay. I had to do that for the fans on my Twin Frozr cooler.

At the very least, I would try to add the same amount of glue to the other fan blades in the same location to reduce vibrations even more. The cold hard fact is that the fan is now and forever will be out of balance thus reducing the life of the bearing.

The superglue fix should only be temporary. I don't see any reason why the fans can't be replaced.

Can I replace the fan only? or I have to replace the whole alluminium cyclone with the fan included?

I have it forced to run at 40% minimum fan speed, games will send it to 80º-c at max. That's good enough for now. But I'll like to have proper fan installed. Any direct link to a working one for my vga?

Back