• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolermaster 343 Front Fan Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lemerex

Registered
Hey guys. I have a dilemma right now. I have tried 4 different fans on this case in the front and all of them seem to be really loud. Right now I have These Coolermaster 120mm fans installed. One of them is a intake and the other is a cooler for my Gemin II 524. The one that is part of the heatsink works fine, very quiet. The one in the front though, is ridiculously loud. I even tried a 120mm from my Corsair Carbide 500R case that is quiet, and for some reason it is still loud. I tried looking at my bios and it only allows me to adjust my CPU fan. I tried speedfan, and it still didn't work since my motherboard for some reason says that I have 3 PWM fan spots and like 10 different fans, but I only have space for 1 fan and 1 pwm fan plug. It's a Biostar 760G m2+. It is a old Mobo but it still works and I use this unit for htpc and it works just fine for that. Any suggestions?

Here are the pics:
o52muf.jpg
okdi5u.jpg
2ceq7x3.jpg

Having the fan right up to the grill can cause turbulence. Try adding a spacer, which you can easily make from a defective fan. That's also a great way to add an extra layer of rubber washers for vibration absorption.

That splitter is not going to do any good for variable speed ("PWM") fans. They'll simply be stuck full on as the speed control wire would go nowhere.

The OP mentions the one fan mounted on the CPU heatsink is much more silent than the front-mounted one, so assuming the mobo does voltage control on the CPU fan header. Obviously, those fans are not PWM.

First things first. If your fans are too loud buy quality fans. Any fans with LEDS are there for bling. You pick. Performance or bling. You want both you get non glowing fans and buy LED strips or CCFL light tubes.

Second. If they are too loud get a fan controller. Choose wisely, same with the fans. Don't rely on any Newegg etc reviews, fun jokes for the informed we say. Spends hours here and on Google for real fan reviews. Then post your choices we'll know if they are good or bad.

Third. In your third pic you posted you see the mesh in front of the fan, Cut it out. It will increase airflow greatly and will cut noise down due to less turbulence.

First things first. If your fans are too loud buy quality fans. Any fans with LEDS are there for bling. You pick. Performance or bling. You want both you get non glowing fans and buy LED strips or CCFL light tubes.

Second. If they are too loud get a fan controller. Choose wisely, same with the fans. Don't rely on any Newegg etc reviews, fun jokes for the informed we say. Spends hours here and on Google for real fan reviews. Then post your choices we'll know if they are good or bad.

Third. In your third pic you posted you see the mesh in front of the fan, Cut it out. It will increase airflow greatly and will cut noise down due to less turbulence.

thanks for all the info. The fans are rated at 19db, so they are the quietest I found for with LED. So like i said, one of them is super quiet while the other is a bit noisy. So i might try cutting out the mesh grill or put in a spacer to see if that helps it.

+1

get the tin snips out and start cutting :)
and get one of those soft shrouds/dampers

They are "Rated" at 19dB, but you want to go through some reviews and find what fans are actually quiet.

I solved the problem by just removing the front fan. Temps didnt change much, went up by a couple of degrees. Now the machine is just pure quiet.

Thanks for all the Help Everybody

Back