• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolermaster 500p mesh or 500m?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

I just wanted your guys opinions on the Coolermaster 500p mesh and the 500m. I honestly can't tell much difference, besides the extra glass panel with the 500m you can swap out for mesh if wanted. Do you guys notice any other differences? According to Dimitri (Hardware Canucks) the 500p mesh has more room for cable management. I couldn't tell. My budget is $200, since this case will last me a couple years. Which do you prefer and why. Thanks guys. One of these will be my next case.

Last edited:
You got it. Those are the only differences aside from some aesthetics and the rgb controller. Pick your poison...

Me, i like the glass so id go h500m...but this is your call. :)

You should share your budgeting. My budget isnt as close to limited as you say yours is and you buy WAY more parts than most people here!! :rofl:

Just my opinion but there are better cases for the price. The h500p mesh is a good case if you have no plans for several HDD's or watercooling. I normally like more options though.

Could you please list them? I like tempered glass and perty colors. Good cable management and airflow is a plus. But, I'm mostly about looks. I'm the same way with women. Lol.

I'll look a few up tomorrow for you. I'm mobile right now and it's much easier to do that on a desktop.

Doesnt the 500p/500m support up to 360 rads in the front and top? As well as 8 drives (2 3.5" and 6 2.5")?

I agree there is better for the price, but seems like it supports a lot of water cooling options and drives.

Yes the H500P(& mesh) supports 360mm up front and 360mm up top but there is no mounting points for a reservoir or pump. While you could use double sided tape on a pump/res combo this is true of any case. You could easily mod the case as well and it would then be a very good candidate however there are plenty of options where this isn't necessary.

I will update this post in a few with some case suggestions.

EDIT:

Silverstone Primera PM01-RGB

Phanteks Enthoo Elite I'd love to get my hands on one of these! (E_D do you know anyone? LOL)

NZXT H700 (or H500 if you want smaller)

Lian Li has several TG cases but are priced fairly high. Still worth a look.

My favorite for a Full TG Case Corsair Crystal 570X

Last edited:
OK, then either one will work just fine for you. Just find the case you like the looks of the best and fits your budget.

Blaylock, I checked out the cases you mentioned and although you spent time to look up and link these, they just don't do it for me. The Corsair 460x would of been perfect but it only has 2 front usb ports. I need 4. Sorry I didn't mention that. The Silverstone just looks cheap to me, plus no cable managment. The Lian Li is really nice, but too expensive and doesn't look like it has very good airflow. I am using a White Phanteks Enthoo Luxe right now so I would like to go somewhere different and the Elite is basically the same case but bigger, I'm thinking smaller or more boxy. The NZXT does not have good enough airflow. And the 570x does not have enough cable management, airflow and honestly I think it's ugly (my opinion). But Like I said thank you for your opinions and help brother. If you have any other options feel free to share.

Blaylock, I checked out the cases you mentioned and although you spent time to look up and link these, they just don't do it for me. The Corsair 460x would of been perfect but it only has 2 front usb ports. I need 4. Sorry I didn't mention that. The Silverstone just looks cheap to me, plus no cable managment. The Lian Li is really nice, but too expensive and doesn't look like it has very good airflow. I am using a White Phanteks Enthoo Luxe right now so I would like to go somewhere different and the Elite is basically the same case but bigger, I'm thinking smaller or more boxy. The NZXT does not have good enough airflow. And the 570x does not have enough cable management, airflow and honestly I think it's ugly (my opinion). But Like I said thank you for your opinions and help brother. If you have any other options feel free to share.

No worries Tickle. Did you look at my recommendations in your other thread? I think I listed a few cube style cases. I've read good things about Anidees but have yet to find one at my local micro center to get my hands on.

Back