• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo - question!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dlthe

does anyone know what the max tdp rating on a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo is?

There doesn't appear to be anything on the CM site or in the product manuals. I was hoping someone here might know.

Would appreciate if you can also provide a reference, but I'll take the info any way you got it!

Just by comparison, I note the Hyper tx3 is rated to 130W, but that only has 3 heatpipes and doesn't have the continuous copper bottom to it which the hyper 212 evo has. So I expect it has to be more than 130W, but I'm curious to know just how much over 130W it is.

I really can't give you a factory number for the Evo, but the 212+ that I reviewed was able to handle a heatload of a little over 200 watts that my i7 930 test system outputs. I would expect the Evo to be a little more efficient than that since they closed up the spacing between the heatpipes on the base of the Evo as compared to the 212+.

Back