• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolermaster Hyper212+ and AMD Phenom II 1090T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mods: if this needs to be stickied, split it out, I'ma leave it here for the time being.

troubleshooting.jpg

Those CPU volts seem too high. The 1090T is 1.35v stock and mine runs fine under full load and 3.6GHz at 1.325v. You are showing minimum 1.39( ie 1.4v) and max 1.5v. CPU volts = wattage and heat, no wonder its running hot. 1.5v is about 144W on full load instead of 125W..

Go into BIOS, find the CPU voltage and take it off Auto, set it to 1.35V and try that. If it boots, run P95 max power test and monitor temps; it might hit 55 after a few minutes but it should be much lower than before.

If everything is fine, go back into BIOS and do it over with the volts .025V down each try; at some point it will stop booting or fail P95 after a few minutes. Go back up one step in CPU volts and that is you set up for stock. You should be below 55 at that point - if not, there is something else wrong, especially with that cooler.

One thing which strikes me as being odd is that the cooler's base does not seem to cover the cpu100% namely no matter what orientation i choose (n-s, e-w) there always seems to remain a short bit of the CPU's metallic case exposed one one side while on the others the base is right on the edge of the CPU (about 3 mm of the cpu) and no matter how much i tighten the bracket it still has some wobble to it.

post pictures sounds like an RMA to me but i wanna see it to be sure before you go through that entire process

post pictures sounds like an RMA to me but i wanna see it to be sure before you go through that entire process

uh...I think it was already mentioned earlier that the HSF won't fully cover an amd IHS :shrug: Also, why RMA a $30 cooler, between the down time and the shipping costs you're pretty much just better off buying a new one.

uh...I think it was already mentioned earlier that the HSF won't fully cover an amd IHS :shrug: Also, why RMA a $30 cooler, between the down time and the shipping costs you're pretty much just better off buying a new one.
He won't RMA. Just return. He said he bought it at a brick and mortar, not online.

The base of the 212+ will never fully cover the IHS (integrated heatsink) of an AMD, but it doesn't need too, as the chip under the IHS is pretty much directly in the middle.

I dunno, this guy seems to think differently :shrug: Only AMD's I've ever owned have been mobile, so I have no idea how they stack up to intel in terms of size

I was going to snap a pic but this shows what I am talking about. This isn't a Hyper 212+, but this is pretty much exactly how much isn't covered on the 9500 Phenom I've got.

Edit: And I am gonna go into the Phenom build and take a look-see at what's the dealio. It may have just been offset because of the interference I was having with the chipset HS. That build had me up all night so it's hard to recollect :p All the pictures I've been able to dig up show a 212+ covering AMDs fully :/

tx2-am2m-8.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have a 212+ HSF, but I do have a V6 on a AMD Phenom II 1090T and here are some pics of temps, I'm running Folding @ Home on this so all 6 cores are at 100%.

HWmonitor.JPG

AMDoverdrive.JPG

inside of my case (HAF 932)

DSCN0255.JPG

My idle temps are around 25c with room temp about 78f and 34c at same room temp full load.

Back