• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling 1800+ thoroughbred

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whiteemcee

Hi i'm going to be buying an Athlon 1800+ with an Epox 8rda+ mobo and was considering a SLK-800 for a heatsink.. what do you guys think would be the best combo for a heatsink and fan for this setup???

That SLK will do nicely. :) I use a lapped SK6 and it does a great job. My XP1800 has a Volcano 6+. Lapped of course. :):):)

Last edited:
Probably the absolute best is one of the 84cfm fans (vantec, delta, sunon, and panaflow all make them I believe). With a rheostat to preserve your sanity,

if you were not going to overclock, even stock HSF will do OK (or those $5 Coolermaster HSFs sell on newegg). on the other hand, if you planned to OC, follow what the folks above said :) .. remember, don't go cheap on HSF for OC (you'll end up spend more for better later .. i did :( )

Back