• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling error when trying to overclock.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigLundi

Ok, so I'm running an Anthlon II x4 640 Processor, and I'm trying to run a PS2 emulator.

The problem is that my computer seems to be overworked when playing games on it, and on the top of the emulator it tells me EE:100%, reducing my fps to the low 20's.

So when I looked around, I noticed a way to fix this is to overclock my computer. I looked at some videos to help me out(I'm a total newbie) and it seemed simple enough.

I run a T-Series and it has some built in automated overclock systems I can use. a v4, v6, and v12 system. However, even if I touch absolutely nothing else, and simply turn any single one of those on, on startup I get an error message: "too many cold reset due BIOS POST"

Can someone help me out with this?

You need to give us some more information about the rest of the system.

Using a v4, v6 and v12 really doesn't mean anything to me.

If you want to overclock you need to make sure you have a good aftermarket HSF and then you would use coretemp to monitor temps, increase the vcore (max 1.5v~ for your cpu) and multiplier. If you increase the FSB then you will have to readjust the ram because that will change the ram speeds. Each time you make changes you would use a program like prime95 to stress the cpu to ensure stability and temps at max load.

Hopefully someone with more experience overclocking AMD can chime in though and give you a bit more advice. Make sure you list the parts and specs of your comp for us.

Yeah, more information is needed. Please list your system specs and elaborate a lot more on this "T-series" and v4, v6, v12 system...

That said, in my signature is a guide on how to overclock AMD processors. Check it out until more experienced AMD users come in and help.

Back