• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cooling my amd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks very much.

re the speed, what should be max on board?

I thought the core speed will always be higher than socket, is that not the case/

the tjmax is on core rather than socket right ?

also when in 2007 I was looking at msi and in the past 15 years my experience has been msi was a great board always.

have they lost their reputation or are they still good but not good for OC?

what board do you guys normally go for?

I've been building with MSI for about 12 years now and to be honest I've never had a board die on me. That being said I've only just recently started OC'ing. It didn't take long for me to discover why everyone here discourages against mixing MSI and AMD. On the Intel side its a completely different story if I'm not mistaken.

For overclocking AMD stuff you'll read recommendations for the following boards:

ASRock Extreme9
ASUS Sabertooth (NON-GEN3)

There are others but these are the most common.

the sabertooth and the crosshair 5-f-z are the only choice to oc an fx and keep the wheels on the rig, anything else will only cost you more money and plenty of heartbreak.

trents is also very correct, get an 8350 and clock it yourself, we see few 9xxx cpu's stable at 5.5 and quite a few 8350's that are.
my 8350 is stable at 5.5 on water and many others are only stable when chilled below zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back