• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cooling problem since hardware upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bruhmis

Registered
I replaced my cpu/motherboard 2 days ago with an I7 4771 and an ASUS H81M-E LGA 1150 and noticed that my computer was alarmingly quiet at all times so I measured my temps just to be safe. while idle they're pretty ordinary, but when I opened prime95 I reached the maximum safe temp within 10 seconds of beginning the stress test.

I"ve tried pretty much everything I possibly can in the BIOS, also tried updating the BIOS as well. when I change the fan control to manual and set all the fans to full speed there is an extremely small increase in noise/decrease in temperature but it's so negligible that I would never have noticed it if I wasn't looking for it. even at 100% the entire desktop is quieter than a notebook.

does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Please list your system specs including what cooling you're using. Did you remember TIM? What temp monitoring tools are you using? You say it ran up nearly to TJMax? What are the temps?

Back