• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooljag on 128mb radeon 8500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wildbilly2k

here is a pic of it and i dont know if those resistors or whatever you call them woul be in the way of getting a cool jag they are circled in red if anyone knows please tell me

Attachments

• 14-102-209-02.jpg
    14-102-209-02.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 109
i dont know yet cause i havnt bought the card but it looks around 40 or 50mm. Come on too many people have radeons someone has atleast tried this.

Sinky sam put an Alpha IU cooler on there, and yes he did have to mod it, those caps do get in the way. There's no work around to this.

dang anyone know how i coudl go about modding the IU cooler to fit on there cause this will be overclocked for everylast megahurtz

Penguin4x4 said:
How big is that fan? From side to side, I mean. Cooljags are 60x60 mm, about 2.3622 x 2.3622 in.

Actually the Cooljag is not easily implemented for Radeon 8500's

Reason being is they are 89.3L x 65W x 25.0H (With fan) (but Only the fan is 60mm x60mm)

An Alpha Pal 153 or Alpha Pal 15u is a better choice as its 60mm x 60mm x 25mm (with fan)

I just ordered this Cooljag to see how easy it is to put on a 8500
i-1.JPG

In the meantime heres how to put an Alpha Pal 15u on a 8500

http://www.overclockers.com/tips759/

iucut2.jpg

yeah i am thinking fo getting those copper ram sinks with nickel plating and is a IU cooler the best way to go or is there any other beside orbs that will work with out modding and a quick question does the radeon have all the features a geforce 4 ti does?

Bill,

I would get a Alpha pal 153u since the Cooljag is a tough fit on ATI cards.

I lost the link I had to a IU cooler roundup but the ones you want are either the Alpha pal 153u (Or Alpha pal 15u) for the 8500

That Vantec will work fine, but not as well as the Alphas.

The absolute worst IU cooler is the Thermaltake low profile Golden Orb....If you buy that, I'll slap you with a wet noodle :D

hey thanx sam thats great cause the cheapest oen i found was 23$ and they were out of stock

wildbilly2k said:
hey thanx sam thats great cause the cheapest oen i found was 23$ and they were out of stock

I think were lookin at the same place as thats the cheapest I found as well.....albeit out of stock...I'll keep lookin

Back