• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CooolerMaster Hyper 212

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dandaman

Registered
Hi there guys hope all is good

Recently got my hands on a x6 1100T and using a Zalman cnps9500 cooler (I got the chip on a last minute deal and had this cooler lying around doing nothing)

STOCK 3.3ghz
Idle temp 23-26° Full load via Prime 95 15-30 mins 48-51°

In the enxt week or so I plan on changing my case and cpu cooler with possible overclocking in mind for the future

The CM HYPER212 caught my eye and looks quite smart aswell. My idea was to get the cooler and change out the stock fan/fans to either White/Blue or Black aerocool sharkfans (deppending on the look I go for and the availabilty)

Does anyone have any experience with this cooler & chip combo or anything simillar?

Would you recommend any specific fans for a push/pull setup with this cooler or would the ones I suggested above be sufficient ? im not really bothered about noise levels or anything like that

Dandaman

Last edited:
You'll probably be better off leaving the stock fan on there and saving your cash for a high end air cooler if you're serious about overclocking.

From what I've seen, having 2 fans in push pull configuration usually decreases temperatures by around 1-2°C.

The 212 is significantly better than the stock X6 AMD cooler or that Zalman. I don't know if it's better-enough to warrant the purchase if you don't already have it. It's fantastic for a 2500K but that cpu has a lower TDP and is on a smaller process.

Maybe going for something a bit beefier than the 212+ would be a good idea.

Thanks for the super fast replies

What cooler would you recommend instead then ? I was originally looking at the H100 but my new case is gunna be the CoolerMaster 690 ii Advanced and from what iv herd you cant get a full setup with the h100 so that left me with the thought of gettin the h80 instead but then I came across the hyper 212

I've looked at some noctua coolers aswell and those things look beastly.
The Noctua NH-D14 interested me and from what i've read its a great buy so now im sorta swaying towards that idea

I do really like the idea of having the H100 still but thats a no go with a push pull setup in that case (from what i've read) BUT i know u can do a standard push setup so if the temp is only gunna have a minor difference between push and push/pull then I would settle with that instead but its pricey so I'd like to know if its worth it or not

The NHD14 is arguably the best air cooler in terms of performance (depending on what sources you believe).

It does look pretty neat too, its deffo a toss up between h80/100 and this noctua now lol gunna have to make my mind up soon

I think its gunna be an H series cooler tho, I did really want the h100 to begin with but I had my heart set on that case so its a no go there (dont really fancy modidng the case or anything just to make it work) so unless I chose a diff case it'll possibly be the h80 I get instead

I'm gunna post in the case section to see if anyone can can giv eme ideas of a different case I could get but its gunna be hard to sway me away from this one lol

EDIT : I think I most deffo want that case cos like I said my hearts been set on it for a while now (have posted in case section for suggestions tho) so it looks like H80 for me

Thanks for the replies guys its much appreciated and very helpful, not bothering my backside with the HYPER212 anymore

Last edited:
I was just looking at the pics of the 690 II at Newegg and to me, it looks like it has room to mount a 120.2 radiator on the top side of the case, such as the H100 has for a radiator. Just remove that big fan up there and I bet that you could mount the H100 in it's place. And looking at the specs on Newegg, it says that the case does support 2 X 120 or 2 X 140 mm fans on top. So you should be good to go with an H100 if you want to go that route. There is no law that says the radiator needs to be mounted to the back side of the case with the H100, BTW. ;)

Oh I know the creative limit is non existant wiht the h100 but everywhere I look people are saying the config doesnt work propperly, everywhere I go the people who get a full push/pull setup are the peopel who mod the top of the case to make the fans fit on the outside and the inside.

I know that you dont need it to be setup with the 4 fans either buti t seems more efficient that way. I cant really find anyone who's managed to fit the 4 fans without doing some sort of modding to the top of the case.

I like the idea of mounting the radiator at the top and having fans on the outside (even tho you cannot close the top mesh cover over becuase the fans bulge out lol) but again I dont know if the fans would fit on the inside without interfearing with anything

confused.com lol

OK, I'll swing another case choice at you then. How about a Cooler Master HAF 922 then? I have that case and there would be no modding needed to do a push pull setup with the pull fans outside of the case except for cutting a few sides of 1 of the hexagonal mesh out to run the fan connector through. That easily be cut with a pair of side cutter pliers or trimmed with a dremel tool. Same goes for the HAF 932 also.

Im really not into the HAF series cases. I did just come across the new corsair 400rd case thats due for release here in the uk this week so that may be added to my choices as it does fit the h100 but tbh I dont mind gettin the h80 instead so I may just get the coolermaster 690 ii this coming weekend and put an h80 in there instead.

I don't think a Directron deal will hep him out much, since he lives in (or is posting from) the UK (I looked at his posting IP address :rofl: ).

lol yeh all the way from Scotland :p

Appreciate the link tho, a lot of other places you don't get much replies and no one is interested but not here. Everyones tried to help and its much appreciated

BTW Dandaman, you might also want to look at the Inwin Dragon Rider case. I use that case for my heatsink testing and it's a pretty good design and should be able to fit a H100. There is approximately 65 mm of room between the top side of the case and the top of the mobo. If Corsair sends us a H100 to review, that will be the case I will test it in. Of course, you might not like the looks of it too. I personally think it looks good, but what appeals to me might look ugly to you.

that case looks sweet! i've never sene it before so its very unique in my eyes. Looks superb. Would it fit 2 6950's ? lol I ask because that is possibly gunna be my new gfx setup

Thanks for the link too, looks awesome

EDIT : Silly question since its a full size tower case It should house 2 of them no worries

I can't see any problem with mounting 2 6950 video cards inside it. It's a very roomy case with good ventilation. The led lights on the big door fan also have a switch to turn them off if you want. The led light in the front case badge and the off side fan don't have a switch to turn them off though.

EDIT: BTW, here's a link to Newegg's pictures page on the case for you to look at: Link to Newegg pics

The only real downsides I can see with this case is the hdd mount and the not too good cable management system, it leaves your cables exposed but however thats not really that bad, the price is good AND its HUGE... id change out that side fan and put in 4 or 6 120mm's but thats just cos I preffer smaller fans lol (im fussy with fans)

I'll keep this case in mind, cheers for the link

Yeah, it's no problem changing the side door fan out with 120's and they even give you the correct screws to mount them with in the door. They also give you a couple of 4/8 pin 12v extension cables too. The biggest 2 downsides to the case are the hdd rack, which mounts the connector side toward the door and makes for harder cable management and they have a filter under the psu mounting area, but didn't give you easy access to clean it. You have to unscrew the psu and move it around to give yourself access to the filter.:(

Deffo worth the price tho, its under £100 and gives you everything you will need and I guess with a modualr PSU and some cable ties the cables wont be much of a mess.... I <3 Cable Ties lol tbest things ever invented haha

Back