• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core Temp - A program for accurate Intel temperature monitoring

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Version 0.99.7.10 - 1st September, 2010

- New: Enable overheat protection to execute a command every time an overheating occurs or just once.
- New: TjMax for AMD 10H and 11H family processors (K10/K10.5/Puma - older Turions)

- Fix: Several mobile Intel processor recognition issues.
- Fix: Mobile AMD processor recognition issues.
- Fix: Problem with Settings window throwing errors about Scheduled tasks if "Start with Windows" was not checked.
- Fix: Core Temp may crash on systems when switching between power supplies (wall/battery) or exiting sleep/hibernation mode.
- Fix: TCaseMax calculation for socket 939 AMD processors.

- Update: Shared memory applications and AMD Phenom derivatives will now show temperature for all of the cores.
- Update: Core Temp will remember proper screen position on multiple displays, when the 1st display is on the right.

Version 0.99.8.0 - 3rd October, 2010

- New: Completely new settings dialog, much clearer and easier to use.
- New: Added Hibernation to Overheat protection options.

- Fix: Mobile Intel Core2 Quad processor recognition issues.
- Fix: Pentium Dual-Core E6000 series model detection was incorrect.

- Update: TjMax adjusted to 100c (Intel's specs) for 400 and 500 series Atom processors.

I fired the previous version up on my n270 atom, and it puts tjmax at 90*c which gives readings well under ambient temps. Whether it's more accurate then the prior tjmax of 125*c or not i don't know.

Hard to say, Atoms are tricky. Intel's specs say 90c for the N200 series last I checked, but in some processors that figure just didn't make any sense as the temps were heavily under reported. At 125c TjMax (just an approximation) the temps were starting to make more sense.

At this point, what's supposed to happen is:
For the N200 series Core Temp uses 90C TjMax while for the desktop CPU's it uses 125c.
In the new N and D series, the TjMax was updated to 100C for both of them.

i think we have another bug...i'm using an asus lancaster8 mobo with the e2140 cpu...says my idle temp is 17c and 19c in a 18c room...oced 1344.5mhz-1790mhz via intel speed step.. but at full load it is reading 60c after about a half an hour...isnt this a huge jump....correct me if i am wrong...but @14c room temp its reading only 16c and 18c idle and 59c and 60c under load...

I wouldn't count that as a bug. The further the sensors are from their calibration point, the wider their margin of error gets. Meaning that 17c idle in a 18c room is obviously a wrong reading. This doesn't mean that the chip isn't around 20-22c at idle.
The jump is pretty high but not unheard of. It really depends on the load and on the cooling that you are using.

using the stock e2140 heatsink/cooler...which i'm pretty sure cant keep it below the room temp....and i find it hard to believe it is even keeping the cpu at room temp even idle..what realy has me bugged out tho besides that is the extreme change in temp with only a 445.5mhz difference in clock speed..disabling intel speedstep which is a pain with my config...locks it in at 1344.5mhz 100% load under prime95 its only reporting 37c which is a big difference for only a 445.5mhz jump..i like your program its easy to use i would just like to see a bit more accurate temp reading cause i dont know what to believe here and i dont like letting my main components get over 65c max...if i remove the overclock and set it back to stock speed 1602.4mhz it reads a max load temp of 49c with the same ambient room temp...not downing you by any means i keep hearing good things about coretemp just would like to figure out what the temps realy are...

It's all in the voltage. The more voltages has a much bigger effect on temps than frequency.

Hey guys...
I know it took forever, but Core Temp version 1.0 (RC1) is here at last!
There were many delays due to life, college projects and other things that just got in the way.
I hope that the improvements and enhancements which v1.0 brings will make up for it.
So without further ado here is the change log for the new version.

Version 1.0 RC1 - 18th August, 2011

*** Core Temp Monitor is now available, an Android app to monitor your machines from anywhere in the world!
More information is available here

- New: Multilingual interface. Core Temp now natively supports adding non-English languages.
- New: Plugin system - 3rd party developers can now create plugins and extensions for Core Temp, both native code and .Net is supported, please see this for more information.
- New: Intel Sandy Bridge and AMD Fusion (Brazos, Llano) support.
- New: Max TDP detection on supporting processors.
- New: Power consumption on Intel's Nehalem and newer processors.
- New: Added support for VIA processors. (C3 - detection only, Temperature by Acpi Thermalzones)
- New: Added support for Intel Pentium and AMD K5 and newer processors. (detection only, Temperature by Acpi Thermalzones)

- Fix: All of the user reported bugs and many more unreported problems.

- Update: Optimized the startup code, Core Temp should now launch 2 to 4 times faster.
- Update: Optimized many other aspects of the code, Core Temp should now consume much less CPU time than before.
- Update: Restored support for older OS: Windows XP is now fully supported, Windows 2000 requires security updates KB935839, KB835732 and GDI+. In some cases hotfix KB816542 may be needed as well.

I'm confused. I didn't see anything about pie charts in your new features :p

I'll have to give it a try a bit later.

Working awesome so far, loving the instant startup! MUCH faster. And the decreased CPU time is nice. Awesome work, The Coolest!

Edit: After using it extensively today, I love that it finally show's the actual max CPU speed (4.5Ghz for me right now, where 0.99.8 only showed 3.3Ghz no matter what, and I like that it shows power in watts. Only problem is, it seems to be throwing impossible numbers up for max CPU temps reached, and power. It's showing that all my cores have reached 98C, which they definitely HAVE NOT, and the power spikes to over 2000W (2436W at one time) every once in a while :p Other than that though, great work. Attached is a screenshot showing the 98C max reached.

Last edited:
It is a bug. I'm working on fixing it, and some other minor bugs.
When it's ready, another version will be released.

Version 1.0 RC2 - 7th September, 2011

- Fix: Temperature spikes to TjMax on Sandy Bridge CPUs.
- Fix: Settings not saved properly bug.

- Change: Changed frequency detection back to the original for Intel processors.
- Change: Removed power consumption feature on older CPUs (only supported by Sandy Bridge now).

- Known issues: Occasionally wrong FSB detection (Workaround: Press F5 in Core Temp).
- Known issues: Recognition of Atom E600 series.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I know I haven't updated RC3 in a very long time, and since we got Ivy Bridge, BD and now Trinity, and soon we'll have PD CPUs that the current version doesn't properly support.
Well at last I've had the chance to finish up RC4. It adds support for all of the CPUs I just mentioned and fixes some minor bugs and problems we still had with RC3.
It's now available in both the installer version, and as always a standalone version is there too, so if you're still with me feel free to check it out.

Wanted to update this thread a bit. As most of you know, there is an Android app which can connect to your PC.
I've been working on an app for Windows Phone, and the beta has been released. At this point only people with phones that have been dev-unlocked can install it as the app itself is not on the market place yet, but I would appreciate feedback on it before it goes through admission to the market place.

Download link

ZfoQTAI.png

Wanted to update this thread a bit. As most of you know, there is an Android app which can connect to your PC.
I've been working on an app for Windows Phone, and the beta has been released. At this point only people with phones that have been dev-unlocked can install it as the app itself is not on the market place yet, but I would appreciate feedback on it before it goes through admission to the market place.

Download link

ZfoQTAI.png

Very very cool man!
Great work bro! I know many people use realtemp, but I have been a core temp user since the beginning and still use it for my choice in monitoring.

Great work!

Back