• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core temp Variance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gvguy39

I have the cpu in my sig. I ran it for over a year with stock heatsink and the Core #1 was consistently running 5-7 deg C warmer than Core #0 (in the 40's idle/around 60 under load). I just replaced the stock heatsink with Zerotherm Nirvana NV120 and replaced the "no-airflow-case" with Antec 1200, and I'm now getting temps about 10 deg's cooler, as I expected. But still the same core is consistently warmer than the other by about 7-10 degrees.

Is it normal for that big of a variance? I'm happy with the temps, so it doesn't concern me... just curious.

I'm running an Intel here but a lot of the AMD guys say that's pretty common I guess on those sensors.

I've one on my quad seems to run a bit off :)

:beer:

Mine was about the same till I lapped it and now the difference is about 2c ........ as stated above its just one of those things really that everyone has with amd ............ lapping seems to work a bit but apparently some of the blame is on the sensors as mentioned above :)

My Q6600 does the same, right now two cores read 28 at idle and two read 33 at idle.

Under full load the same have a 6-7 degree difference.

Back