• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Dominator 3466Mhz B-die ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boldenc

Hello,

Could someone confirm if the Corsair Dominator 3466 C16 CMD16GX4M2B3466C16 (8Gbx2) is using the Samsung B-die?

Depends on memory revision which you can find on the memory sticker. Looking at the specs and how Corsair is selling their memory, it can be Samsung D/E/B or Hynix AFR/MFR. Also single or double sided.
To be almost sure what is inside you have to try 3600+ kits. I guess that all 8GB modules will be Samsung B while 3466 is still nothing sure. For instance HyperX 3466 = Hynix, 3600 = Samsung ... even Hynix partner is using Samsung in 3600 kits as Hynix can't make it in mass production. Ballistix 3466 8GB modules are Samsung B ( I have 2x8GB and tests are in the memory section or my thread which is sticky here ). All G.Skill kits like 3200 14-14-14, 3600 16-16-16 and all above 3600 are Samsung B.
Vengeance LED 3200-3466 are mixed Samsung and Hynix. Dominator isn't really the best if we are talking about used IC. Standard Vengeance modules are their highest binned.
Problem with Corsair is that they are using the same main timings for all IC so you never know what is inside. Even revision will only tell you what brand of IC is under the heatsinks but the same kit from other batch can have other IC.

Back