• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair H100i Problem (maybe)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dangerouSoul

hi guys need help with this subject,i have a h100i for 5 years and i guess it is dying, temps reach fast mid to high 60´s degrees celsius. Only browsing on google or simply open a program. Yes i changed thermal paste when i noticed the problem. When i play GTA V it goes easily to 91ºc max temp. I did aida 64 bench and i had to stop it only cpu stressed. it was throttling at 100ºc. i did IPDT (Intel Processor Diagnostic tool test too.(Reached 100ºc max but passed) That´s not normal, because on summer it was getting 84ºc max when rendering at stuff like it at 4.8GHZ with 25 to 30ºc ambient. Outside temps are around 4 to 10ºc now. i have some prints that i will post. Hope you guys can help. My cpu is oced to 4.6 GHZ i7 6700k i can go higher but with this temps i had to dial back. A thing that got me thinking is that in corsair link a mb temp is at 44ºc all the time (20ºc higher then it should).

Attachments

• Only browsing for awhile.JPG
    Only browsing for awhile.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 168
  • Only corsair link opened.JPG
    Only corsair link opened.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 178
  • Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool.JPG
    Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 174
  • Capturar.JPG
    Capturar.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 170
The CLC's/AIO's (Closed Loop Coolers/All In One) are made with low evaporating hoses and come prefilled with coolant. With that said, they will dry out. I do not know if you can refill your's or not. From your description, you are out of coolant. You can either get a new one or buy a reservoir and some new tubing. If you want to cut corners, you can get by for less than $50.00. The decision is yours to make.

If the radiator and fans are clear of dust, sounds like it's time for the trash. :(

Make sure the pump is running... shake it around so no air bubbles..etc.

Yeah I would give it a very hard shake for a minute or so, plug it in and if it doesn't work it's time for an upgrade. I love my Corsair H115i so take a look at your options. They are inexpensive these days.

With the Intel temperature being 100c I would replace the AIO cooler.

Yeah my thoughts exactly. Thinking to go 360 rad..Kraken x72 or corsair h150i pro.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

The CLC's/AIO's (Closed Loop Coolers/All In One) are made with low evaporating hoses and come prefilled with coolant. With that said, they will dry out. I do not know if you can refill your's or not. From your description, you are out of coolant. You can either get a new one or buy a reservoir and some new tubing. If you want to cut corners, you can get by for less than $50.00. The decision is yours to make.

I shake it hard mate.. no more than a minute..but the coolant seemed to be at low level.I bought it in 2013 if i´m not mistaken.

If the radiator and fans are clear of dust, sounds like it's time for the trash. :(

Make sure the pump is running... shake it around so no air bubbles..etc.

Exactly what i did mate, cleared the dust of the case, fans, radiator, etc, then i shake it no more than a minute, applied thermal paste and installed everything back..same thing. If i go to corsair link the pump is at 2256rpm..But the problem here i guess it is the coolant =(. i have a screenshot for you to see..It must have been algae or something ...but it wasn´t leaking..The cooler has 5 years.

Yeah I would give it a very hard shake for a minute or so, plug it in and if it doesn't work it's time for an upgrade. I love my Corsair H115i so take a look at your options. They are inexpensive these days.

Yeah mate i did that for a minute, same thing..I´m thinking kraken x72 360 rad or corsair h150i pro 360 rad too.

Attachments

• 51112610_1024459181073277_7799745929061335040_n.jpg
    51112610_1024459181073277_7799745929061335040_n.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 167
They should have a 5 year warranty
Though a first gen H100i might be out of that period now, if it's still in the warranty period you will have to provide proof of purchase and such.

Time for an RMA if you can, if not, get a new CLC cooler. :)

I guess its time is over but i will check it in 15min..

Though a first gen H100i might be out of that period now, if it's still in the warranty period you will have to provide proof of purchase and such.

Yeah man, i guess i bought it in 2013..i´ll check.

Time for an RMA if you can, if not, get a new CLC cooler. :)

Hi man..i´m out of luck..I RMA mine on 11 December 2013 =(..It passes 5 year warranty..I´ll talk to corsair but i´ll have to buy a new one..I´m thinking kkraken x72 or corsair h150i pro..My case is Coolermaster HAF X. It fits a 360 rad on top.Or do you have others for me to check mate?

Man it is out of warranty period..11 December 2018 made 5 years. I wanna buy kraken x72 or corsair h150i pro..What do you think? Is there another one to look for?I can fit a 360 rad on top. My case is Coolermaster HAF X.

Back