• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair h115i AIO Cooler Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cctaylor88

Registered
Just purchased the Corsair Hydro Series H115i and I want it to exhaust air from my case, is this the correct or recommended setup for the fans? Also looking to replace the stock fans with something better but with a red theme. Would the Corsair SP 120s be a solid choice? And is 120 the right size or should I be looking for 140s? Any fan recommendations with a red theme would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Personally, I wouldn't buy the H115i.

Where are you trying to put it in your case? This determines intake vs exhaust.

It takes 140mm fans. Look at the Noctua industrialPPC PWM fans.

Well i really like the clean look that most AIOs provide. Why don't you like the 115i? I know that air coolers are cheaper and have great performance but I don't want a massive cooler like the 212 or Noctua D15 just dominating the view when you look into the side panel. Unless there is something that has an awesome color scheme

Check out the Prolimatech fans in my signature. I run 4 of them in push/pull on my H110i GTX (basically the same unit as the H115i)

They are quiet, and have a really nice red LED glow:

ImageUploadedByOverclockers1464965379.803551.jpg

I run as exhaust, out the top of my case.

Well i really like the clean look that most AIOs provide. Why don't you like the 115i? I know that air coolers are cheaper and have great performance but I don't want a massive cooler like the 212 or Noctua D15 just dominating the view when you look into the side panel. Unless there is something that has an awesome color scheme

There are (much) better AIO's out there for not much more money. Swiftech would be my choice.
As to the Noctua comment; I wasn't recommending you to use a heatsink, I was recommending fans.

There are (much) better AIO's out there for not much more money. Swiftech would be my choice.
As to the Noctua comment; I wasn't recommending you to use a heatsink, I was recommending fans.

I would like a swiftech h240 x2 but they are a bit pricey and hard to find. Amazon carries them for high prices and I hate Swiftechs website. I even called them twice during business hours yesterday with no pickup. I don't like that type of customer service in the least. Lets just pretend I have a leak or need a RMA etc. Just wasn't impressed. If I could find one cheap sure but... I can get an h115i to my door in less than 48hrs and it will still do its job well. Also like the clean simple look it provides.

- - - Updated - - -

Do a custom loop.

Already dropping enough $, for instance just dropped $725 on a 34" UW yesterday, don't really want to push a $400 loop atm.

So don't spend $400 on a loop. Unless things have changed you can walk out for a little more than h115 with much better performance...

Back