• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair H55 modding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Friburg

Registered
Hey there.

I have a Corsair H55 AiO liquid cooler in my system and I was wondering if there was any way to modify it?

I would like to know if it is possible to replace the pipes and add colour to the liquid.

It's probably a dumb question, but I'm new to the scene of water cooling and currently lack the funds for a full water cooling set up.

Any information would be great.

Thanks

-Fri

I have seen mods for it, sure!

That said, colored liquid is not the way to go. Dye tends to stain and can clog the blocks. If you would like some color, use colored tubing.

For more information on watercooling do's and don'ts, check out the sticky thread "Beginners Guide to watercooling" as it has a lot of the basics one needs to know since you are cutting up a sealed kit.

That said, colored liquid is not the way to go. Dye tends to stain and can clog the blocks. If you would like some color, use colored tubing.

For more information on watercooling do's and don'ts, check out the sticky thread "Beginners Guide to watercooling" as it has a lot of the basics one needs to know since you are cutting up a sealed kit.

Thanks for the info. I had no idea dye clogs up the blocks, though I have seen dyed piping for sure. I'll make sure to check out the sticky, I just thought I'd ask here first because of it being a closed circuit kit.

Thanks again.

-Fri

Modding a AIO is no problem, getting ALL the air out can be challenging. There are a few youtube vids that show some good methods. Most AIO's have aluminum parts and you need to run a anti corrosive additive.

+1

Modding a AIO is no problem, getting ALL the air out can be challenging. There are a few youtube vids that show some good methods. Most AIO's have aluminum parts and you need to run a anti corrosive additive.

+1

Make sure you realize you will be voiding the warranty on the AIO. Is this a CPU only loop? I'd also like to throw out there that there are affordable custom kits out there at the starting range of $150+ for future reference just incase.

Yeah, it's a CPU only loop. I do understand that it will void my warranty, that I don't mind. I've seen kits for cheap enough but for now my immediate focus is on getting a new GPU.

I'd like to know how to refill it if I change, let's say a radiator, or the pipes?

-Fri

Back