• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair H60 Install, Won't Boot w/ 8GB RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Registered
Hey guys! I recently installed a Corsair H60 Watercooling Kit, and it all went well, until I tried booting it. With my 4 2GB sticks of RAM in, it will not boot. It turns on for a second or so, and then shuts off.

So I've tried with just two sticks of RAM, and it boots fine. But upon booting, I get this message.

15784714548_dcd4fa7c40_c.jpg

I then go into the BIOS, and get this message.

15970123891_2f14909e4f_c.jpg

I'm stumped. As far as I know, everything is at factory settings. I can run 4GB RAM no problem, but as soon as I put a third stick in, bam, problem comes back. Temp's on the CPU are fine, everything fine...just not sure what to do.

Please halp!

I'd re-seat the block and CPU, sounds like you have a pin not touching the CPU properly.

Just took it out, and reseated it, no bent pins, everything looked alright. Same problem. Put the third stick in, and won't boot.

I tested it with two of my friends 4GB sticks, and it boots up fine. So it's looking to be the third and fourth RAM slots that aren't working?

try different sticks in different slots?

I tested it with two of my friends 4GB sticks, and it boots up fine. So it's looking to be the two furthest RAM slots from the CPU that aren't working?

That doesn't make sense to me, why would two RAM slots go back during a water-cool installation, all standard precautions were taken, etc.

they shouldn't.

So if you take out all of your RAM and only have one stick in either of those two slots the computer won't boot properly?

I am not sure if this was answered but did you try those other 2 sticks, including yours on the other 2 slots that seemed the issues would start? It could be 1-2 bad slots on the MB.

Yes, we did try one third and fourth slots, and it doesn't boot, regardless of which stick. I'm just extremely confused since all I did was install a watercooler. lol

Yes, we did try one third and fourth slots, and it doesn't boot, regardless of which stick. I'm just extremely confused since all I did was install a watercooler. lol

loosen the screws. maybe it flexes the mobo

Back