• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Heat Spreader

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
For some reason after 275/275 3D Mark starts getting distorted.

I bet I can hit faster than 9557 when I get my Corsair XMS PC-3000. Hopefully 9700.

At 275/275 it actually ran slower than 270/270

Seems like the overclock isn't stable then Audi, it calls for water cooling (Assuming your going it soon). Anyways yea XMS PC3000 is juicy.. :D

I have a digidoc connected to the memory chips on the rad 8500 and it's reaching 40 degrees at peak loads!!!

That's a lot isn't it??

I need cooling for the vid card badly I think.

It's Bo**ox that the heat spreader don't touch the ram chips - it does!

It looks like it doesn't but upon closer inspection the spreader has a 'step' in it. My Ram chips are completely covered by the spreader (which btw does not require the clip on it) it's just that there an overhanging stepped out bit which doesn't touch - but all the the memoty chips are fulled connected on the unstepped out bit of the spreader.

That's a really crap explanation - sorry peeps - trust me the spreader does fully connect with all the ram chips!

thingi

have you tried any other ccolling? maybe some ramsinks,
IU cooler and a fan blowing on it?

No, I haven't but I think it is very necessary since digidoc is reporting 40 Degrees on the video memory while running 3d mark

It's Bo**ox that the heat spreader don't touch the ram chips - it does!

It looks like it doesn't but upon closer inspection the spreader has a 'step' in it. My Ram chips are completely covered by the spreader (which btw does not require the clip on it) it's just that there an overhanging stepped out bit which doesn't touch - but all the the memoty chips are fulled connected on the unstepped out bit of the spreader.

That's a really crap explanation - sorry peeps - trust me the spreader does fully connect with all the ram chips!

thingi

Sorry, i sand corrected:rolleyes:

i dont know how much more the heat spreader RAM is than the non spreader one, but keep an eye on the classifieds. SSS does these little dealies for 3$ 3M ramsinks. my ram gets a wee bit warm at 3.2v (digidoc5) but not very much.

Ill do a difinite temp test before and after i put ramsinks on, when i get my Samsung 2700

-Malakai

Sandra scores are only one measurement of the memory subsystem's performance. I also use Seti@home since it is a very memory-intensive application, and also effective at stress-testing the memory.

I could run my old PC2100 at 175 with timings maxed out, or at 203.5 with SPD timings. My Sandra memory scores were much higher at 203 than at 175, but my SETI times (with the TLC benchmark unit) went from 2:45 to over 3 hours.

With my Corsair 3200 I can run at 203.5 with all max timings except CAS2.5, but I have yet to run a SETI benchmark. I'm anticipating a slight improvement, since the latency is only slightly increased now.

neo1999
With ur overclock ........ what are ur 3dmark 2001 SE scores like ?

PS: I agree with what U said , timings make a big difference in many 'Real World " apps. Tomshardware's initial KT 333 review showed it barely beating KT 266A boards with aggressively timed PC 2100 . His tests included both real world and synthetic benchmarks .

Back