• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Hydro Series ( what to get ? )

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vasya

Registered
Corsair Hydro Series H55 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler -£55

Corsair Hydro Series H60 2013 model High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler - £53

Corsair Hydro Series H90 140mm High Performance Liquid Cpu Cooler -£80

Corsair Hydro Series H100i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler -£100

i am overclocking my i7 4770K to about 4.5 ( first time overclocking btw so newbie at it )

i could really do with saving some money and getting cheaper version. Which one should i get ?

i am new at this i never bought liquid cooling or OC'd anything so sorry if its a stupid question

h100i, noctua NH-D14, or CM Hyper 212
a hyper 212 should get you to about 4.5 on that cpu, i know it will handle a vcore of 1.5 with temps below 60C
liquid cooling is usually not worth the cost
make sure your case will fit what ever you want to put in it

a hyper 212 should get you to about 4.5 on that cpu, i know it will handle a vcore of 1.5 with temps below 60C
pqwoerituytruei You can't compare 1.5 Cpu on a Phenom II to a I7 4770k or an AMD Fx 6 or 8 series. They run a lot hotter at lower Cpu V then the Phenoms do. I own a 955be and a 960T and I can get pretty good overclocks with the CM 212 on them, I am also able to do 4.5 @ 1.3 Cpu V on my 2500k with the Cm 212. Though with my 4770k and I doubt the CM 212 would be able to do 4.5 on it. I have a Prolimatech Mehahalems in push pull on my 4770k and I can do 4.5 @ 1.23 and just stay under 80c with it. When I compared my Megahalems to the Cm 212 on various CPU's that I have it averaged about 10c better temps then the 212. Just an FYI.

Vasya, after playing with my 4770k, I've realized that if you want mid 4's stable of higher, that's if you have a decent chip that will do it. Small heatsinks need not apply. If you want to do AIO water do the H100i if going Air something along the lines of the Noctua NH-D14 or Phanteks PH-TC14PE. If you are looking for something less expensive you may need to lower your 24/7 overclock expectation.

pqwoerituytruei You can't compare 1.5 Cpu on a Phenom II to a I7 4770k or an AMD Fx 6 or 8 series. They run a lot hotter at lower Cpu V then the Phenoms do.
good to know thanks for correcting me, i believe the intel chips can handle higher temps than a phenom II can

I would skip the AIO and get an NH-D14 or PH-TC14PE. Much quieter and no chance of leaks/pump issues.

Of the ones you listed, I would go w/ the H100i; though if you want to expand your list, I'd recommend the Phanteks PH-TC14PE... I run both, and while the PH-TC14PE is amazing, the backplate would not fit on my ITX mobo, so I went H100i.

what about

Corsair Hydro Series H90 140mm High Performance Liquid Cpu Cooler

or

Corsair 120mm Hydro Series H80i Digital High Performance Rad All-In-One Liquid CPU Cooler

can i OC my CPU to 4.5 safe with one of these ?

i was just wondering.... do i really need to OC my CPU to 4.5...? should i just go lower and get something cheaper ?

Back