• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Link Additional Fan Controllers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zodicus

I am currently in the final design phases for a massive desktop pc and I am beginning to acquire the parts. I am fixing to order the Corsair AXi1200 int he next few days but before I do I need to know how many fan controllers can I attach to link to give me full software control of the fans. I am looking at running a total of 23 fans in a 900D with most of them being in a push/pull configuration and 4 rads. Either way it goes I am getting the PSU but I just need to know if I need to plan more fans controllers in my setup.

That many fans is way overkill. Depending on the system specs, it's pretty easy to design it to use just one or two case fans.

Not really overkill. I am running two loops and doing high overclocking on both gpu's and cpu. Need as much cooling as i can get without going ln2.

Much cheaper to buy a few high end fans than many low end fans and you'll probably get better results. Build a shroud for the radiators so that a Delta or two pulls air through them, similar to how HVAC condensing units are designed.

Im planning on using corsair sp quite edition fans at low rpm to minimize noise. Thats why i need so many to increase my airflow.

I have already decided this is the way i want to go for my build. I need to know how many controllers link can support or if it would easier to run, say each set of rad fans, on one channel in series. Ive never tried running series so i am not sure of the impact on the voltages/watts/amps nor do i have any idea how to do the math on that to find out if one channel is capable of doing that. Someone want to educate me on that?

Back