• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) CMZ16GX3M4A2400C10 issues. AMD 8350. 990x.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is the drop is steps a issue here on the R/W, or is it normal to spike up and instantly drop?

Ya know I honestly can't tell ya? I've never been fond of graphs.

You would think my Radeon 7770 GFX card would perform better than its counter parts, and my ram would perform better than PC2 ram... Isnt the gfx card relied on by ram quite a bit?

Attachments

• ful.png
    ful.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 54
The ram is prefectly fine. I tested this in a machine with a older model i7 in it. It was snappy and acting normal, not like my PC at all.

So my next guess would be that the memory controller is bad, or my mobo really wont work with non supported ram...

Your benchmark results aren't so bad so you probably have to check some more options or maybe update board's BIOS ( check betas or something ). I can't check how it's acting in daily work but benchmarks are fine.
AMD is generally acting weird with some memory kits. I would try or higher FSB and lower memory ratio or lower FSB and higher memory ratio. I have no idea if it's going to help. I saw some improvement for 1 or 2 kits but it's not a rule.

I also doubt that's your memory fault as nearly all memory kits nowadays are being made on similar Samsung/Hynix IC so its like 95% chances that your memory IC is also on that recommended memory list just under different brand/model.

@oOflyeyesOo
These results are about right for standard CPU-NB clocks ... a bit low for 2400 CPU-NB but with 4GHz CPU it's not that bad. If you wish to get higher bandwidth then you have to raise CPU-NB and best if CPU clock too. .

You would think my Radeon 7770 GFX card would perform better than its counter parts, and my ram would perform better than PC2 ram... Isnt the gfx card relied on by ram quite a bit?

You really need to speed up your CPU and NB for better GFX and overall performance.

What do you suggest I try to adjust it too? I used some of Asus tools to over clock the CPU/ram, but even with everything else higher, it didn't help. And that was just trying 1866. Even tried 1333 like on my buddies computer which ran like butter. Still windows 98 type lag.

Last edited:
I would suggest starting an Overclocking thread in the AMD section. We'll OC this system properly and get as much performance out of it as we can. Read this guide first. This will familiarize you with the terms we're going to use and techniques we'll apply. I have to ask if your "buddies" machine is an Intel?

I would suggest starting an Overclocking thread in the AMD section. We'll OC this system properly and get as much performance out of it as we can. Read this guide first. This will familiarize you with the terms we're going to use and techniques we'll apply. I have to ask if your "buddies" machine is an Intel?

Yes it was a intel machine, a 2660k i7, which id think that my pc would perform a bit better than that.

Ill make a thread there later today, thanks for suggesting that. Just getting real frustrated as its making my pc pretty much inoperable. Takes 5 min to get from logon screen to desktop, on a fresh install, with very few start up applicatons, I know there are issues. I am probably going to be buying a 4gb stick of some of the supported memory on my QVL list also, hoping that its just not liking this memory at all...

The intels kick *** in Memory bandwidth. Just FYI. What OS are you running? Don't rush out quite yet and buy more ram. If your system didn't like it there wouldn't be any guessing, it would just throw fits all the time for no apparent reason.

I am running windows 7. And I know how boot times are with a really fast SSD like I have, a long with programs not responding all the time, or taking abnormally long for certain programs. I was reading more in the AMD section, and found that many people have issues finding RAM that actually works well with this board in general.

It's not usually that bad for ram. Did you do a clean install of Win7 on the SSD and is the SSD's firmware up to date.??

Fairly fresh, hasn't changed too much besides some of the hardware software installed. I will check the firmware on it when I get home from work, could be a possibility, though crazy how well it performs otherwise on tests n such.

It could be a few different things but that one is pretty easy to check. I know the Crucial m4's would start getting glitchy after a while and the update fixed them.

When's the last time you did a Virus/malware scan?

I haven't yet as it was like this when I did my first windows install. I haven't really done too much on it so I doubt there are virus's causing this, but I will try anyways..

Another thing that really makes me think that the ram doesn't play nice, is when I did a memtest. It took 12 hours to do 4 passes....

Ya but you have 16 Gig that's a lot of addressing. If you have everything on stock that's probably the reason, it's a bit sluggisg. All the energy saving stuff will make it a bitslow to react.

Back