• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cosmos S Cooling Fan Questions!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CYBER SNIPA

Hi Y'all -

I've just joined this forum and I am after some advice/info with my planned new build. I've been searching the web for answers, but sadly I've not found any. Also being new to the PC building and modding game, please forgive my noobishness!!! :rofl:

I'm hoping there are some clued up techno-heads on here, who will be able to answer my questions???

I'm planning to use a Cosmos S case, as it's just such a handsome beast and I wanna add some more fans for maximum cooling. So my first Q is;

1). Front Intake Fans.
Is it possible to fit 140mm up the front panel? I Plan on either having 2x 140mm fans in there, as opposed to 3x 120mm fans. This is to increase the air suction/flow and to gain an extra drive bay, plus gain some funky LED lighting. So does anyone know if 140mm fans fit in there???

2). Also is it worth having a cold air feed pipe, from a front fan to my CPU cooler??? (See below for details).

3). CPU cooling.
I am planning on using the Antec Kúhler H2O 920, as the Cosmos S is too narrow for a mahooooosive heat sink. I plan to install it so the fan/rad mounts on the right hand rooftop fan mount. So the rad is closest to the cool air at the front of the case. Has anyone done this or does anyone know if the pipes are long enough to reach this spot???

I am planning on using an Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z mobo.

4). Airflow.
I plan on having 2-3 intake fans in the front, 3x exhaust roof fans, 1x rear exhaust fan and 1x intake floor fan. Will all these give a good airflow? Or is that too much and I'll have a wind tunnel effect going on???

FYI - I plan to overclock my i7 2600k to 5GHZ+ and also my Asus Matrix GTX580 too.

So any advice from my new more experienced friends, would be very much appreciated!!!

Cheers dudes :thup:

First, Welcome!

Next, Don't expect 5GHz on a canned, all-in-one "water-cooling" solution. That isn't real water cooling, and will NOT perform the same as real water cooling.

Lastly, I don't see a problem with lots of fans, just as long as you are keeping a consistent direction going for the air, and are not leaving any dead spots. You'll know once you get it up and running and start monitoring temperatures is one thing looks out of place (i.e. a single mobo sensor, or a single HDD, etc).

Back