• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could the motherboard be lying to me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InsertNameHere

Registered
So I live in London. I threw together a rig to update and test a motherboard that was returned to me as faulty.

With the wraith cooler I hit 8c on a stock 1700

IMG_3743.JPG
IMG_3744.JPG

Could the motherboard be lying to me?

I just booted the system and it’s showing 20c
I normally only water cool so I’m quite surprised.

Seeing as how it is impossible for your PC to below your room/ambient temperature in the first place, that is clearly not a correct reading. idle temps are not terribly relevant in the first place (sensors are less accurate the farther away from TJMax).

Jump into windows and see what Coretemp or other apps that can measure AMD temps say........

I just checked the wether and it was 0-2c last night. And there was no heating on in the house.

I’m gonna see if it happens again tonight. I won’t read from the bios though. I will try coretemp. And see what I get.

I just checked the wether and it was 0-2c last night. And there was no heating on in the house.

I’m gonna see if it happens again tonight. I won’t read from the bios though. I will try coretemp. And see what I get.

But it wasnt 0-2C in your room. Maybe 15-18c without heat?

Live with the parents. As far as there concerned I should be in my bed under my warm duvet. Not up doing anything else.

Back