• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED CPU Cooler Choices

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xler19

Registered
Basically, Cooler Master 212 evo w/ 1/2 Corsair SP120 High Performance Edition OR Corsair H100i. I'm thinking I could benefit from using the SP120's in the H100i aswell but it's just more money which is where my interest in the 212 comes from. Like previously said, I might use two SP120's but I read a push pull with the 212 will only improve performance by 4 degrees which is not worth it for the 30 bucks. The 212 with the fan will easilly get my 3570k to 4.2, which is where I want to be, so if there is no reason to spend the extra cash on the H100i I won't do it unless someone can give me a better option but for now these are my choices. Ambient heat is appointed by my NZXT Source 210 Elite lined entirely with SP120 Quiet Edition's (7). If someone can give me a decision between the two that would be appreciated. ASLO, I like minimal noise so can I get decent performance out of another Quiet Edition on the 212?

The 212 EVO is the best cooler for $30. Running push/pull on it, makes it even more effective at dissipating heat from your processor.

A 3570k is fine at 4.2GHz on an EVO.

The 212 seems to be pretty popular around here. Another cooler you could consider would be the Scythe Mugen 2, it's huge, but it runs pretty quiet and I get my 2500K to 4.5Ghz easyly, without hitting a temp wall.

The 212 is a great choice. It even handles a 3930k with ease if you upgrade the fan. With a cooler CPU, the stock fan should be enough.

Yeah the H100i doesn't compete in the bang/buck factor, thanks for your help guys!

Back