• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Cooler or CPU Upgrade?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Someone made a valid point that is getting cooler here and today was one of those days plus holidays around the corner. Discounts. :)

Someone made a valid point that is getting cooler here and today was one of those days plus holidays around the corner. Discounts. :)

I like that thought. Could also look for one that's used. Not much that can break on an air cooler.

the NH-D14 is one of the top air coolers available now. Depending on price and availability you have two options for TOP notch air coolers.

the NH-D14 or Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E

The Thermalright is better but I believe costs quite a bit more than the Noctua.

You can't go wrong with either, so if you're thinking the Noctua, check prices on the Thermalright and go from there.

another quick fix might be to just reapply thermal paste...not sure when the last time you did that? Also clean your current HS/fans...that could easily drop temps a few degrees.

I wouldn't buy another FX. If your oced past 4ghz now, I wouldn't even buy a new cooler unless want outwheighs the need.

I have a h55. DO NOT get it for an 8150. It is only marginally better than your cm hyper at best. If you can, get an h100i, or a Noctua D14. Hopefully either can fit in your case.

Back