• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Fan Error, CPU Over Voltage Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ridiculous

Hi All!

I'm getting CPU Fan Error and CPU Over voltage errors upon booting my machine. My computer seems to run super stable so I'm assuming that these errors are due to sensors that aren't working correctly.

I have an Intel i7 950 processor and a ASUS Sabertooth X58 mobo.

I reflashed my BIOS with the most recent version and am still getting these errors.

In the Bios my CPU temps are jumping all over the place from the negatives to super high and my voltages from normal values to in the red. Also, my fan speed seems to be stuck at 87RPM but when I look at my heatsink, the fan seems to be spinning extremely fast.

Using SpeedFan the readings I am getting are:

GPU: 31C
System: Bounces from -1C to 123C
CPU: -1C
AUX: -1C
HD0: 27C
CORE0: 36C
CORE1: 32C
CORE2: 39C
CORE3: 34C

The System, CPU and AUX temps are the ones in question that do not seem right.

The voltage readings I am getting are:
Vcore: 2.04V
+12V: 13.46V
AVcc: 3.34V

My VCore jumps from 0.94 to 2.04, back and forth.
My CPU fan speed jumps from 0 to 2109 RPMs, again, back and forth.
+12V goes from 11.46v to 13.46v
AVcc 3.34v to 4.08v

These voltage readings seem weird...

My question is, do you think my mobo is borked? Do I have a real issue here or can I ignore the CPU Fan Error and CPU Over Voltage Error that I'm getting?

I have been googling my face off but have not found an answer. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
In the BIOS my VCore (and other voltages) jump from 0 to insanely high amounts, suggesting that the readings aren't correct.

Edit:
SpeedFan readings :

My VCore jumps from 0.94 to 2.04, back and forth.
My CPU fan speed jumps from 0 to 2109 RPMs, again, back and forth.
+12V goes from 11.46v to 13.46v
AVcc 3.34v to 4.08v

The values above are the only values that are ever displayed, there are no inbetween values it's either one or the other - doesn't seem right.

Last edited:
I would say the monitoring on the board is screwed. Since 2.04vcore on any ambient core i7 process = death, if your computer is still running, then the actual power delivery isn't bad.

This is what I thought as well. Although, I just had a random blue screen shut down... this is probably the 3rd since I assembled my comp 3 months ago... Could these be related

Back