• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU gets hot, any solution?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A kleenex works great for this as it is so lite.

I grew up in the southern U.S. in an era before there was air conditioning. All we had were window fans and opening/closing windows to ventilate the house during those hot humid summers. We had ventilation technique down to an art. A computer case works just like a two story house in summer.

Last edited:
I have now looked and felt on the air from the fans, they are mounted the right way. I'm getting two new fans on monday, one of them is replacing my intake at the front, and one is going to the back for exhaust. The one in the back is then going up so that I have two fans mounted on top.
And will also rotate the heatsink at the same time, felt on the metal there as well, and it was pretty hot.

Sounds good. If fans are so weak that a person has a hard time deciding which way they are blowing they are too weak.

Sounds good. If fans are so weak that a person has a hard time deciding which way they are blowing they are too weak.

Original fans, switching out some of them.
And hopefully my largest problem will be resolved with all this, the temperature of my CPU.

I will update all of this when I'm completely done, most likely on monday or tuesday.

Yeah, me too.
Is fans with 49.2 CFM and 22.2 db good? Or are they pretty bad?

Yeah, me too.
Is fans with 49.2 CFM and 22.2 db good? Or are they pretty bad?

I think that would be sufficient if you have several of that strength in a push/pull setup in the case. Like 2 or 3 in the top/back pulling and two in front panel pushing. I have several Yate Loon low speed 120mm fans in my case arranged like that and it seems to give me sufficient ventilation without much noise. The Yate Loon 120 mm low speed fans are just under 50 cfm. They're a pretty good quality fan for under $5 U.S. No frills, though, like LEDs.

I think that would be sufficient if you have several of that strength in a push/pull setup in the case. Like 2 or 3 in the top/back pulling and two in front panel pushing. I have several Yate Loon low speed 120mm fans in my case arranged like that and it seems to give me sufficient ventilation without much noise. The Yate Loon 120 mm low speed fans are just under 50 cfm. They're a pretty good quality fan for under $5 U.S. No frills, though, like LEDs.

Well, I'm mostly conserned about the noise.
My system keeps pretty cool as it is now, and I don't have that much to complain about other than the CPU temp.

Switched direction of it now, and have about 40 degrees in idle, so now I'm pleased!
Thanks for the help guys! :)

+2 for trents.
one front fan is backwards.

Not anymore, hah!

Well, I switched out two fans, so now I've got two in top blowing out, one in back and two in front for intake.
So the airflow is great as it is! :)

Back