• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cpu HSF stops on login, system speaker buzzes.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zzcranjo

Registered
Hey all,

I finished a new build a week or so ago, and it has been running great! Overclocked the 1055t to 3.8ghz, I was planning to get to 4.0, but something happened :(

I booted it up at the same speeds I had been using for a week(I have run p95 overnight, played many games on high etc and it has always been stable) and once I typed my password and logged in to win7, the cpu hsf stopped. The sys speaker started buzzing to let me know, and I immediately shut the computer down. Thinking it might be the psu not coping, I unplugged the graphics card, a spare 9600gt. The fan was spinning till I logged in, and all the startup programs loaded. This time, when It stopped, I monitored the temps in speedfan and core temp for a bit. They all remained fairly stable, not rising above 30. So, I reached in and spun the fan, and the beeping stopped and it continued to spin for 20min. Just now it stopped again, I tried manually spinning it but that didn't work, but after a minute it started spinning by itself again. Is the hsf faulty? When I booted in safe mode, it didn't happen, it ran fine for 30 min. That tells me its a software problem.

Please help! :)

Yes, but my point is that it only stops on login. It stayed on for 1 hour in the BIOS, had no problem with it then. It seems like its a program or errant setting playing up.

If the fan stops on it's own, that could be in the mobo settings for the fan, take a look.

If the mobo needs to see a fan RPM signal, then as soon as the fan stops the system should alarm in the bios, if you have it set up that way.

Yeah what I meant was the fan stays on in the BIOS, like it is meant to. I have never had the alarm sound while in the BIOS, ever. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't an incorrect BIOS setting stop the fan in the BIOS as well?

I can record a video and upload it to YouTube if that makes things easier.

Can someone please help.
The fan was working fine for a week, I left it on for 3 or 4 days straight and never heard the noise, and my temps stayed low overall. I tried the computer again today, and it worked normally, albeit with all temps being about 10 degrees higher as it is a stinking hot day here in Australia.

In regards to temps, I ran prime95 for 5 minutes, and these were the max temps.

Temp1: 39C
Temp2: 51C
Temp3: 59C
Core: 47C

Can someone please tell me what each of these represents?
I assume Core is the on die sensor for the cpu, and one of the others is the north bridge, and maybe the Temp1 is an ambient temp sensor, can someone clear this up?
Also are those temperatures safe to run at(they will get close to that pretty much all summer).

Last edited:
Back