• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU overheat issues, should I be concerned about any considerable damage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vishera

So recently I started getting the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSoD in Win10. After RMA'ing the motherboard AND the RAM, I noticed the pegs on my stock Intel HS weren't hooking into the motherboard and therefore the base was barely touching the CPU. After replacing the cooler the issue seems to have gone away so I can only assume the BSoD was an overheat result....but I'm wondering if I should be concerned about any significant damage to the chip, or about it dying prematurely? This was going on for about a week straight, it crashed dozens of times, and I'm scared I might have taken a major chunk out of the CPU lifespan. I'm getting ready to sell this to a friend as well and I don't wanna give him a computer that ****s out in a few months of him getting it.

CPU is fine. Built in over temp shutdown would have prevented any damage.

CPU is fine. Built in over temp shutdown would have prevented any damage.

+1

CPU's can usually last 20-30 years anyway, so anything taken off it's lifespan likely wouldn't be noticeable as most people usually upgrade long before a CPU is in danger of failing to function.

Last edited:
Back