• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU overheating with Enermax LiqMax II 240 water cooler.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Heianir

Hi, im new here, trying to figure things out. So this thread's tittle is self-explanatory, and you can check the system I'm running in my profile description.
Sorry for my english in advance, not my native language but I'll try to elaborate. :)

The thing is, i've been running this PC for only a year and recently my Cooler fans started working real loud - that got my attention to - why is it so?
Turned out my CPU is overheating under moderate load (playing Overwatch or any other shooter game i.e.) to approx 70-80 degree celsius.
I re-mounted the pump with some fresh thermal paste, but it didn't help. My system keeps overheating (as I'm writing this it's on 60 C with only the browser running). At booting it is around 45-50 C, which cant really be normal, right?

The questions are following:
- the cooler is at fault? One of the tubes is way hotter than the other...
- is it something to do with the motherboard?
- could it be software-based malfunction (viruses?)?
- airflow problem? Shouldn't be the case since Fractial Design cases (pun unintended) are really good at preventing that.

I'm open for any suggestions and advice from you guys. :)
I haven't been OC'ing it at all btw.

Attachments

• 20170619_235837.jpg
    20170619_235837.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 2,163
  • 20170619_235906_001.jpg
    20170619_235906_001.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 1,698
Last edited:
You could try and plug the water pump into a different fan header and see if that works. I would try the CPU-opt fan header or check to make sure it's properly inserted in the water pump header.

IMG_0435.PNG

Last edited:
I'd just RMA it. It obviously worked fine for a year, and it has a 2 year warranty.

The 2 tubes temperature differences concerning me a bit the. Can someone elaborate how it should be with AIO wasted coolers in that regard?
Btw thanks, I will try to re-plug the pump and see how it goes!

One of the tubes carries the hot water away from your CPU to the radiator, the other carries cooler water from the radiator back to the pump/block.

One of the tubes carries the hot water away from your CPU to the radiator, the other carries cooler water from the radiator back to the pump/block.

Yeah, but the loop temp equalizes to within a degree or two. You wouldn't feel the difference in temp just touching the hoses.
That rad is plugged.

Either there's resistance in flow or the pump is dying or dead. I would also recommend in RMAing the AIO.

Back